Recent Topics

1 Mar 17, 2005 11:36    

at the moment the list of all my blogs are on one single line at the top of my blog, and I want to move them so each blog title is on it's own line in the menu I have on the left side of the blog

I've tried for the last few hours but so far no success.

2 Mar 17, 2005 14:57

You can play with this a couple ways. The section you are altering is in your _main.php file (in your particular skin folder) and should look something like this:

<ul id="bloglist">
<?php require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_bloglist.php' ); ?>
</ul>

Yours may look slightly different, depending on the skin you're using, but the main part is the _bloglist.php include. If you want to place that somewhere else on your site you can simply cut and paste the important snippet into a sidebar or wherever.

To make the list vertical rather than horizontal you'll need to edit the custom.css file that goes with your particular skin. Find the part that looks something like this:

ul#bloglist li {
	border-right: 1px solid #000;
	display: inline;
	padding: .5ex 1em;
}

Get rid of the display: inline; part and your list should become vertical. After that you can play around with padding and other things to make it look the way you want.

Hope that helps...

3 Mar 17, 2005 20:52

thanks. I'll check it out. also is there a way of stopping it apearing as a bulletted list too please?

Form is loading...