Recent Topics

1 Mar 24, 2005 15:31    

does b2evo provide blogroll function?

I can't find any information about blogroll in b2evo's source code or functions list.

Is any plugin or hacks of blogroll ?

thanks ;)

2 Mar 24, 2005 16:33

The blogroll is the same thing as the linkblog. :D

3 Mar 24, 2005 17:45

Thank for azel's reply :yes:

however, the build-in linkblog of b2evo can only show the blogs which in the same b2evolution machine.

The blogroll I mean is like - http://www.blogrolling.com ;)
You can manage links list (bookmark) by yourself

4 Mar 24, 2005 17:58

with the linkblog you can do that too.

What blogrolling.com has in favour, is that you can see a asterix or something next to blogs/linkgs that have updated in the past 24 hours.

That indeed is not possible with b2e.

5 Mar 26, 2005 11:15

I am sorry for my poor expression...

Mnn...,the function of blogroll I want is that it can mantain and list your favorite links simply

check below link, the blogroll in right side is what I want :) http://binarybonsai.com/

however, the linkblog in b2evo seems show other posts which in the same b2evo platform.

is any way to config it as my wish? does it need any plugin or hacks?

thx

6 Mar 26, 2005 11:28

The blogroll that I see on the page you mention is already 100% possible with b2e without any hacking or pluginn
it is standard ! ;)

Have you still your standard installation ?
there are 4 blogs
1 all blog
2 blog A
3 blog B
4 linkblog

In that 4th blog, the linkblog, you do the folowing :
go to the backoffice and try to make a new post
The title : fill it with the title that you want to appear
link to url : fill in the url of the page you want visitors to go to if they click on the title

content : you don't have to fill in anything

If you haven't changed anything to the basic installation, you will see that in the custom skin, there is already a linkblog : one with names of all the dev-team people...

7 Mar 26, 2005 16:19

it works!! Topanga, thank you!!! :D :D :D

8 Jul 09, 2005 01:29

How can I exclude "Linkblog" from "Blogall" so that it does not show up as a post in blogall? Thanx in advance =)

9 Jul 09, 2005 08:48

You can't yet (will be in a future version), but what you can do if you really want to use your all blog, is give them a date in the past (months or years before you started blogging). They'll still show up in the side bar, but won't trouble your posts. Remember to check the edit time checkbox.

Form is loading...