Recent Topics

1 Mar 26, 2005 21:08    

Hi, I am new to this and I was wondering if there was anyway to modify the location of items that are located on the side columns of my blog. I currently have my blog entries showing up on the main content part of the page and on the right hand column it shows the following items in order from top to bottom.

Category - this is what I want to get rid of, it is showing the entire message in the column. I already have the message showing in the main content part of the page.

Categories - this is the short list of what my Categories are. I want to keep this on the page.

Search - definitely want to keep this.

Calendar - keep this.

Other - keep this (where I login, etc.)

META - what is this? do I need to keep these links there? RSS 2.0, Comments RSS 2.0, Valid XHTML, b2evolution

Thanks in advance for any response. By the way, I am using the wpc_aubmach skin.

2 Mar 26, 2005 21:16

ill reply to the button stuff, the "meta" as it were ..

the first links provide ways for your blog to be syndicated .. and explanation of all of that by Francois himself, is available here : http://fplanque.net/Blog/itTrends/2004/01/10/rss_rdf_and_atom_in_a_nutshell

the valid xhtml button is just what it says, a little badge to have on your site that identifies your page as being "web standards compliant" Obviously, if you plan on using things that break that, its not something you want to keep up.

The b2evo linkback button is a way to give credit to the ppl that work hard to provide you with free software. You can remove it completely, and have no llinkback, but you may find ppl commenting on it. Additionally, keeping some sort of reasonable linkback to the main site enables you to be part of the "most recently updated" blogs list here: http://b2evolution.net/ (on the right hand side) Without a reasonable linkback, thats not an option.

The rest of the stuff is all "fluff" and can be removed or added to, as you see fit. Inside your current skins directory is a file called _main.php .. its just souped up HTML and easily editable. Backup the copy you currently have and hack away. If you break something, put back the old copy and start over.

If you crossposted by accident, i've moved my answer over here so that you are able to delete that other thread with the same questions in it.

Form is loading...