Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2005 18:19    

My footer on my home page is off center by like a centimeter. Its weird because its the same code for the footer on every page and they display it correctly. Also my scroller does not show on initial load if your new to the page... however if you visit another page and come back to it... it shows up. Very weird. Anyway.

<div id="pageFooter">
<p class="baseline">Powered by Eastgate and <a href="http://b2evolution.net/" title="a blog tool like it oughta be">b2evolution</a> </p>

<?php log_hit();	// log the hit on this page
debug_info(); // output debug info if requested ?>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

You can see it here - http://throughthegate.org

Before anyone says anything its not viewable in firefox at the moment. But internet explorer is views it decently.
I'm still learning some of this.

2 Apr 08, 2005 16:25

It looks centered to me. And I'm using Firefox and the whole site looks fine.

3 Apr 08, 2005 19:19

Same here - looks fine in Firefox, the centering is right to my eye, and the scroller works on first load. If you did something since that post, you did it right!

4 Apr 09, 2005 05:19

Harken ...

First ... I REALLY like the flash menu. That is sharp.

I checked your site in both Ffoxv1 and MSIEv6. If I can find your email, I'll send you pictures. Here is the text that goes with the pics I'm sending:

FireFox:

1) Header break. Looks like it's one/two pixels shifted to the right and either one/two pixels too high, or there's a white border line between the header and the blog. (red)

2) The event news div border is collapsed. This may be because you need an "overflow:hidden;" or "height:100%" in the CSS. (blue)

3) Looks like some code is leaking onto the page "-->"? Check your _main.php file in this area. Looks like the tail end of a <!-- comment --> (green)

4) Footer looks fine.

MSIE

1) Header. Same vertical break as FFox, but no right shift. (The way to handle this is with a fireFox only selector. What you have now is fine, but add a firefox-only one that looks like "div [id="header"] { margin-left:-1px }", as fireFox will understand what [id="header"] is, but MSIE will just ignore it. (not certain what the div name is, or if margin-left fixes anythign, just put it in for an example). (red)

2) Scroller div is fine in MSIE, compared to Ffox.

3) But you're missing the links and categories?? (blue)

4) Footer looks like it's got a 1-pixel left shift. (green) Get it fixed in MSIE, then fix the FireFox shift (which will be introduced by the MSIE fix), using a FireFox only CSS selector.

Hope this helps!

-Scott :)

Send pix to lead eastgate guy ... correct person??

5 Apr 09, 2005 06:07

I took another look based on stk's list (for Firefox; I'm on a Mac, so I won't even run MSIE, being bored with it crashing every 10 seconds :/ ).

You may be able to chalk some of it up to my eyesight (which is pretty bad), but all I see is #3, which I missed before, partly because I thought the arrow by "categories" was intentional, as decoration on a future link. The other issues I'm still not picking up. That may be an OSX thing; Firefox behaves pretty well on cross-platform issues like that, but there are differences.

6 Apr 10, 2005 17:10

You could head over to http://browsercam.com and sign up for a free trial. I use it to look at my sites in browsers I don't have. And if you have unlimited email addresses (like you do when you have a domain), you can use it for free forever...

7 Apr 12, 2005 16:26

hmmm site wont load for me
Thanks for that klink Graham

8 Apr 12, 2005 23:58

Thanks for all your help. Appreciate it. I have begun making the changes. Hopefully it all turns out ok ;)

9 Apr 13, 2005 00:35

Graham wrote:

You could head over to http://browsercam.com and sign up for a free trial. I use it to look at my sites in browsers I don't have. And if you have unlimited email addresses (like you do when you have a domain), you can use it for free forever...

browsercam is the shit :) and anyone with a gmail addy has unlimited emails these day. Ive sent about 20 to myself. theyre like bunnys, or mice, they kust keep on multiplying :)

I have about 300 invites btw, if theres anyone left on planet earth that doesnt have a gmail account. just let me know

Form is loading...