Recent Topics

1 Apr 13, 2005 14:30    

I am not sure if this is a bug or a change in settings in Firefox but I didn't know where else to post my question.

Recently, the "Preview" and "Save" buttons in the Write and Edit screens have stopped working for me in Firefox (they work fine in IE). Clicking the Save button now brings up a preview instead, and clicking Preview button does nothing.

This only started happening recently. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look to fix this problem?

Many thanks,
Heather

2 Apr 13, 2005 18:20

did you upgrade firefox recently? or installed any new extensions?

3 Apr 13, 2005 21:02

I am using Firefox 1.02. The Tabbed Browser extension recently updated itself to 1.14.2005041002.

Firefox has been behaving finicky lately so I am sure that the problem is not directly related to b2. However, since I was able to pinpoint the b2 problem so directly, I was hoping someone might have a hint on where to look.

Many thanks,
Heather

4 Apr 13, 2005 21:04

well, i'm using the same version of firefox and i doesn't have this problem.
can you try if it remain after you uninstall the extension?

5 Apr 14, 2005 15:02

yeah I am updated to the latest and greatest and running all kinds of extensions and I am solid. Try a third party build. They are better anyway.

6 Oct 31, 2006 08:08

I had disabled JavaScript and got the same problem. When I enabled Javascript it is working fine.

7 Oct 31, 2006 22:53

Tervemenoa, with disabled Javascript "Preview" should not work, but "Save" would save. That's different from what hhollick reported.

8 Dec 04, 2006 21:26

I was having the same problem as hhollick. It only happened in FF windows (not mac). I looked at the JavaScript console and saw some errors about TinyMCE, when I clicked Preview. This is strange because the TinyMCE plugin was installed, but I was not using it in my user settings. I uninstalled the plugin and the problem went away.

9 Dec 05, 2006 00:06

personman, that must have been with an older version of the plugin. The current version should not output anything (i.e. Javascript), if you've disabled it.

10 Dec 05, 2006 00:26

I am using Firefox 1.02

It may or may not help your problem, but it will make for better and safer browsing if you upgraded to Firefox 2.

11 Dec 05, 2006 02:01

blueyed, that probably was 0.1 or even pre-release of the tinymce plugin. I'll grab the new version sometime and if the problem comes back, I'll let you know.

I am using 2 and the original post is almost 2 years old, so he's probably upgraded, too.

Form is loading...