Recent Topics

1 Apr 22, 2005 13:35    

First, this post is important.

I want to this template as a three-column:
Left portion'll contain tree-structured categories-n- sub-categories with 'Get selection' -n- 'Reset form' button. This'll also contain login/register, recently &c. links. Plus b2evolution 'Search'. And lastly calender plus theme selection.
Middle column'll contain 3 blogs; one-by-one.
Right small-column; i'll reserve for advertising.

I think I need create a table with 3 TDs.
I don't know what ( code ) to put in left column ( or TD ) to show calender and theme selection. Also, my themes are working uniformly; different blogs r showing different themes. I just want all of above changes should remain fixed; even if user changes theme. By changing the theme, I hope, should only change colors, fonts etc. ( slightly ), but not ( drastically! ) alter the layout.

Can any1 of u, help me ?
I used WordPress easily: http://www.nicejewishdate.com/test/blog
Please help me to do b2evolution ;)

serious Help needed!!

http://www.mediasworks.com/literature/

2 Apr 22, 2005 23:48

Hello anshul

What you may want to do is have a look at the other pre-installed templates to see the code that is used to display things like the calendar, link blog, search form, etc.
It will take a little time and work, but it would take even more time and work for me to do the same thing and post all the functions with descriptions here :p

In the Admin section you can un-select the option for users to choose their own theme, and select which theme a particular blog uses. I've done this at my site and have a special theme for the "News" blog and a special theme for individuals blogs.

If you want visitors to be able to select themes, what you'll need to do is only include the themes you want them to use in the skins directory, and move the others to another temp directory. I wouldn't delete them as you may want/need them later, (if not to at least see how a typical template is done and what functions are used).

It looks like you've done it nicely on the sample website you gave, simply apply those principals to b2evo. What I usually do to start a new template is copy one of the current templates (in the skins directory) and rename it to a new skin, and modify it.

Hope that helps at least get you going in the right direction. Let me know if you still have any questions/comments.

Form is loading...