Recent Topics

1 May 09, 2005 18:37    

Okay. I know there have been several posts as related to the alignment issues in FireFox vs. IE.

However, in my quite "youthful" CSS knowledge, even after reading these, I don't know how to pin down which of the IE issues actually applies to my situation, and wanted to give a shot if someone would be able to look at/help me solve my own browser war: :)

HTTP://WWW.WEZB.NET/BLOG
It's a blog I've setup on an external server for our main site at www.b97.com. I'm using the Kubrick skin, and have modified it on my own a tad, but nothing extravagant code-wise.

Everything displays correctly, no alignment problem in either browser.
However IE does NOT display anything below my Category list in the sidebar.
no login, no rss area, no powered logo.

Could someone take a look and maybe help me track down what area in the css, if it IS css that needs a tweak?

Thanks so much for helping out the newbies who understand code, but hate screwing with the parts we really just shouldn't.
You guys can help me get it right BEFORE i go and think i can, when I can't, and then I've doubled the problems. :)

Tyler
tyler@b97.com

2 May 09, 2005 19:39

To make everything look right in IE you need to add the following to your skin

<a href="http://www.b2evolution.net" title="Here I am">Powered by B2evolution</a>

If you have problems, don't worry, Whoo can read my mind :|

¥

3 May 10, 2005 06:19

Okay. Done. Are you being serious or just giving me verbal punishment for not supporting b2 through a link on the site? :)

I apologize for leaving it out..and am quite grateful for the ability is has given us to blog through open source software.

I've added the link, but want to double check that yes, that is the problem. THanks so much.

Tyler

4 May 10, 2005 10:08

Lol, ok, find and remove this bit of your code :-

<!--<div class="bSideItem">
<!--<h3></h3>
<!-- <!--</div>

You also have a couple of <br> tags that should be <br /> tags in XHTML.

¥

5 May 10, 2005 17:18

That code is commented, how would removing it have any effect at all?

I don't understand why your directions are so vague. I feel like I'm asking just about as nicely as possible for some assistance.

I appreciate your help. But I really am wanting to fix this without a personal game of cat and mouse. Thanks

Tyler

6 May 10, 2005 17:31

I took out the commented sideitem for the linkblog, and it seems to be fine now...everything is showing up in both browsers.

I appreciate your help, guys.
Tyler

7 May 10, 2005 21:33

HTML comments must be closed, like this:

<!-- comments -->

Or, like this:

<!-- 

comments

-->

By leaving them open-ended, you effectively commented out the rest of your page, which is why it did not display in IE. It appears that Firefox will display some code within comments if they are not closed properly, so that's why it was showing up in FF.

Form is loading...