Recent Topics

1 May 10, 2005 05:05    

Hola

we don't know so much of php, but we are making this:

http://www.prensadefrente.org/juicio/

The problem is that when you press "Read more!" (Leer completo) in the articles of the main blog, we get the full version of all the articles including the sidebar articles (that are from the others blogs)

there is something that we make wrong, but our knowledge its over :)

I uploaded a txt version of that main:

http://www.prensadefrente.org/juicio/skins/diario/_main.txt

thanks if you can take a look and give us some help

saludos!

2 May 11, 2005 00:04

As i am using part o of the code of multiblog.php in our custom _main.php
if i put this line:

<?php $Item->content( 1, false ); ?>

and not

<?php $Item->content( '#', '#', 'Leer y dejar tu comentario', '' ); ?>

the read more! start working fine again

The problem is that we are lot of users for the site, and the 80% don't want the "leer mas!" with that simbol . So, any help is welcome :)

saludos!

3 May 11, 2005 00:13

You could replace the graphic for that symbol => with something that you prefer ...

-or-

If you have a look at the [url=http://b2evolution.net/man/2005/02/25/how_to_get_rid_of_the_gread_more]"How to Change the ->Read More"[/url] turorial, there is some good stuff there. (As you discovered, you can simply elect NOT to use that symbol).

-or-

You can search the forum for "read and more", as this is a question that comes up A LOT!

Hope this helps.

-stk

4 May 12, 2005 04:11

hi
thanks for your response, but i think my question wasn't clear.

My problem is with the blog in the sidebar. I made a mixture between multiblog and custom skin, and it worked. I also change the "read more!" to "leer completo" in the main blog, and everything was ok.

But, and here the problem, when i changed the read more! (leer mas!) in the sidebar blog, i had the problem described in the first post.

I searched, and i didn't find a clue on this especific issue.

Thanks again for your help, and sorry for my english, is not my first language :-)

5 May 12, 2005 05:11

Su englés es mas superior a me español. ;)

I am sorry, but I guess I am still not understanding the issue. In your last post, you said

But, and here the problem, when i changed the read more! (leer mas!) in the sidebar blog, i had the problem described in the first post.

and the problem (as described in the first post) is

The problem is that when you press "Read more!" (Leer completo) in the articles of the main blog, we get the full version of all the articles including the sidebar articles (that are from the others blogs)

I've visited your site and see that the [url=http://www.prensadefrente.org/juicio/]main blog[/url] has "Leer completo" in both the main article AND the sidebar articles.

When I press "Leer completo" in the main article, I get the complete version of the cronology and the sidebar articles remain the same. (This seems like the way it should be. You're NOT getting the "full version of all the articles including the sidebar articles" that seemed to be the focus of the first post?)

Es mismo if I click "Leer completo" in the sidebar. I get the full sidebar article in the main window, with the sidebar changing to the sidebar for that particular blog (#5 was the one I clicked on - "Comisión por el Juicio y Castigo por los asesinatos del puente Pueyrredón afirmó")

Lo siento, pero I'm still not understanding the problem?

6 May 14, 2005 07:00

When I press "Leer completo" in the main article, I get the complete version of the cronology and the sidebar articles remain the same. (This seems like the way it should be. You're NOT getting the "full version of all the articles including the sidebar articles" that seemed to be the focus of the first post?)

well, that's bacause i undonne the changes, and i wrote this in the sidebar blog:

<?php $Item->content( 1, false ); ?>

right not, the problem is that i want to put there something like this:

<?php $Item->content( '#', '#', 'Leer y dejar tu comentario', '' ); ?>

but, if i use exactly that sentence, i gonna get that ugly situation again :)

so, my concret question is
what i must do to take control of "leer mas!" in the sidebar blog, without have that problem again (actually "leer mas!" it's the default "read more!" for blogs in spanish)

i hope i am more clear now :)

thanks a lot!

s.

ps: now we have our own domain http://www.masacredeavellaneda.org

7 May 14, 2005 11:20

your answer is half in the question you are asking.

make a mixture of the two you have used.

<?php $Item->content( '#', false, 'Leer y dejar tu comentario', '' ); ?>

you can find the 'how does item->content() work on this place in the doc : http://doc.b2evolution.net/0.9.0/evocore/Item.html#methodcontent

if you use nothing between the brackets, it is using the default values, if you place your own, it is using the variables you are mentioning between those brackets.

to be complete :

this :

<?php $item->content() ?>

is the same as this :

<?php $item->content( '#' , '#' , '#' ,'#' ,'#' ,'#','htmlbody' , 0  ,false ,'' ) ?>

these are all the parameters :
Parameters:
1 $disppage: page number to display specific page, # for url parameter
2 $dispmore: true to display 'more' text, false not to display, # for url parameter
3 $more_link_text: text to display as the more link , # for default value
4 $more_anchor: text to display as the more anchor (once the more link has been clicked) , # for default value
5 $before_more: string to display before more link/anchor , # for default 'nothing'
6 $after_more: string to display after more link/anchor , # for default 'nothing'
7 $format: Output format, see format_to_output()
8 $cut: max number of words
9 $stripteaser: true if you don't want to repeat teaser after more link was pressed
10 $more_file: filename to use to display more, '' is default, and that means the same file

8 May 14, 2005 14:29

You beat me to it, Topanga! ( You caught me sleeping!! ;) )
Thanks. :D

9 May 15, 2005 02:32

it worked!!!
now people can leer completo with no problem :)

thanks a lot

Form is loading...