Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2005 10:21    

is it possible to rename the header 'categories' to something else? eg, I want to call them, Status.

Also, is it possible to automatically update the timestamp of a posting so it reflects the last modification and pushes it to the top of the list?

thx

Chris

2 May 31, 2005 14:12

renaming 'categories' to status is just 'do it'.. that's easy enough.

an automatic timestamp update is not that easy. and is not standard.
You can have a look in the core-code and perhaps create a new function (based on the function 'publish now')

3 May 31, 2005 16:17

Topanga wrote:

renaming 'categories' to status is just 'do it'.. that's easy enough.

ok, was wondering how to do it, which code do I look at?

Topanga wrote:

an automatic timestamp update is not that easy. and is not standard.
You can have a look in the core-code and perhaps create a new function (based on the function 'publish now')

ok, thanks!

4 May 31, 2005 22:22

Well, since I don't know 'where' you want 'Categories' to be renamed, I take a shot.
Look in your _main.php file (the one in the directory of your choosen skin) an look for

T_('Categories')

change that by

T_('Status')

It's twice in that file, once in the post and once in the sidebar.

5 Jun 01, 2005 00:33

Put this in your stub, or in index.php, to sort by the post_mod_date instead of the post_issue_date:

param( 'orderby', 'string', 'mod_date', true );

Or you could just change the timestamp in the editing form.

6 Jun 01, 2005 09:43

both worked a treat. thank you!

7 Nov 08, 2005 18:09

Hello there,

This thread really goes along with a sticky little situation that I have run into. I too am sorting posts by mod_date.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to tweak the timestamp_min so that the posts modified today will drop off the site in three days. It seems that no matter how a person orders the posts, the timestamp still looks at issue_time as its perameter. Can this be changed?

Thanks much. :)

johnnyeng

Form is loading...