Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2005 19:27    

New installer of b2. Everything installed smoothly. Yet, when I went to access the backoffice I get the following:

403 Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have dutifully scoured other posts yet to no avail. Am I the only one with this problem!! ;)

The website is www.dabjab.com/admin

Please help!!

Thanks!

2 Jun 08, 2005 19:33

Check the permissions on the admin folder and the files inside it. They should be set as readable and executable by all users.

3 Jun 27, 2005 22:59

its stupid frekin PLESK....no access at all to the admin folder....i have the same issue.....www.hairycheese.com

im gonna find a way to search all the source code and chang all "/admin/" entries orsimilar to abother folder so i can get to it...

keep us updated

4 Jun 27, 2005 23:09

You won't find any references to the admin folder in the source code. It uses a variable, which you can set in the conf/_advanced.php file. Open that up, find the line about the location of the admin folder and change it. Then you can rename the folder.

5 Jul 10, 2005 06:26

thanks so so much man...i was lookin through and i dident find anything for the admin folder like u said and i just decided to recheck this thread for the hell of it, ima try it now and see if it works!

THANKS AGAINS SOO MUCH!

6 Jan 27, 2006 14:44

personman wrote:

Check the permissions on the admin folder and the files inside it. They should be set as readable and executable by all users.

I have a similar problem. So I have looked in admin. The only folder I have in admin is img. That is set to read/exec by all. Do you mean that also all of the individual files (outside img but inside admin) have to be read/exec by all?

7 Mar 10, 2006 16:02

Hello,

I also have this same error, been trying days and days to install B2 evolution blog on my site without any luck so far.

Everything works fine exept when i log in to the admin section I get an '403 Forbidden' error :(

I already re-installed everything over and over again, have read every single page with information on this site and forum and yet no solution for my problem :'(

I have managed to get into the admin section by using a direct link, i.e. www.website../admin/b2options.php ; everything in there seems to work except for the link to create and edit posts on my blog :'( , so I have a fully functional blog without any content on it.

Have checked and double checked the file permissions, everything is automatically set to 755 on uploading, and when I adjust the permissions in the way the FAQ says, i can't reach my site at all, I get a error 500 saying something is wrong with the file permissions :-/

8 Mar 10, 2006 16:38

I'll try to follow where personman led.

It seems, and I'm only reading a thread here, but it seems that PLESK doesn't like to let you into a folder called 'admin'. If you go to your conf folder and edit the _advanced.php file you'll be able to change the variable that b2evolution uses to access the admin folder. Something like, oh I dunno - nimda? Then of course change the name of the admin folder to nimda.

Being able to directly access a file inside the admin folder seems to indicate that you are being blocked from accessing "the folder only", so I'm not too sure it's a permission level thing. Assuming the issue really is related to both PLESK and accessing whatever/path/admin/ then either talk to your host OR change the admin bit to something not automagically blocked.

Hope it helps! I barely understand what I'm saying because I've never experienced this problem.

9 Mar 10, 2006 20:36

Thanks for the help, unfortunatly that doesn't seem to solve te problem.

I have renamed the admin folder to something else (and also adjusted the reference to it in _advanced.php ) but still, I keep getting '403 forbidden' errors when I click the link to create a new post on my blog :'(

10 Mar 10, 2006 20:54

I guess the best thing to do first is to undo the folder name change since it didn't help you. No sense in having that change eh? What happens when you force the url to be something like http://yourdomain.com/admin/b2edit.php?blog=1 or blog=2 or =whatever blog number you're using?

Also have you talked to your host about this problem?

Oh and is this a brand new installation? If so there's a weird shotgun approach to fixing funky problems that sometimes helps. Delete EVERYTHING in your b2evocore and admin folders, get a fresh zip of the version you are using (linked up where it says 'download'), unzip it on your local PC, then upload brand new shiny bright copies of those two folders. It helps because maybe you've got a couple of databits that got corrupted during the installation. Like they got hooked on crystal meth or something and now can't function like normal databits. It might seem harsh, but if you destroy the entire folder and replace it with one that likes you there is a chance all will be well.

BTW this harsh shotgun method is usually applicable when it seems to work but has a hard to define bug. In your case I'd be asking my host "how come I can't access this page or that page and the other page?"

Form is loading...