Recent Topics

1 Jun 13, 2005 01:35    

I simply do not have enough time to update from the blacklist everyday or couple of hours... So with my Cpannel I can do a cronjob that does it every 15 or an hour in order to keep sync with it...

I set up the link to update the list as the thing it executes every so often.. However when its executed it asks my server for the password, therefore removing the whole purpose...

I was looking through the code, and I could not figure out how to either remove that I had to be logged in for that page, or include the username and pass on the url...

If you know how to please respond... I already screwed up my blog code trying lol.

2 Jun 13, 2005 03:11

[url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3350&highlight=cpanel+update]This thread[/url] has some ideas. It gives code for making a little file that updates the blacklist when you hit it: no password required. I also posted some scripts that update the blacklist and email the results to me.

By the way, I have mine set up run automatically once per day. That has been often enough for me. Most days I don't even get any new items. Once per hour might just be wasting your resources and the bandwidth of the central blacklist server.

3 Jun 13, 2005 08:44

Since there is only 1 person - me - who updates the blacklist, I can assure you, that 1 every 2 days is more than enough.
It is manual work, and I often don't have time to strungle through 300 posts a day...
Even the blacklist got spammed you know....

Form is loading...