Recent Topics

1 Jun 17, 2005 11:18    

Hi,

after searching this forum i didnt find a working solution for my problem.

After pressing the image upload button and filling in all the relevant information, it started to upload the picture. The the dialog says:
file '' successfully uploaded. The presented link contains no image in the href and the image size is shown with 0 KB.
In my blogs/media directory (which is set to 777) is no file.

I checked the _admin.php and inserted the full path to the media dir, but there are no pictures. It seems, that the upload isn't working at all.

Has anybody a hint, what I can do - I'm really confused about this ... :(

kind regards, Volker

2 Jun 17, 2005 14:10

additional Information:

I tried it with the 'pixelpost' Photoblog Software. With it, uploading pictures was no problem at all...

regards, Volker

3 Jun 21, 2005 07:05

I'm having the exact same problem. It happened after I switched to my new server. I'm not sure what is wrong, I checked all of my permissions and such.

4 Jun 21, 2005 09:23

Is this possibly a PHP5 issue? In my new webspace all *.php files are processed by PHP5. To use PHP4 i have to rename all *.php files to *.php4.

(didn't do it, because I don't think thats a really good idea)

Nobody a hint or the same trouble? Maybe I have to switch to another system..

Volker

7 Jun 21, 2005 16:17

I never even thought to look at what PHP version comes with Fedora Core 4, apparently it's PHP5. Anyway, what version of b2evo are you using? I'm currently using 0.9.0.12 and I'm not sure if this hack will work on it. Let me know how it goes for you.

UPDATE: It did work for the most part, but I still could not upload any files. I constantly get the error "File type not valid" or something very close to that. I may need to downgrade to 0.9.0.11 to get this to work.

8 Jun 21, 2005 17:28

Works fine for me and I am on the latest B2 and don't have PHP 5

9 Jun 21, 2005 17:30

Ok, maybe the issue is still with PHP5 then? It definately didn't work and I'm 99% sure I did everything right. I might give it another try later.

EDIT: maybe you could post your files or e-mail them to me? That way we could rule out my idiocy.

10 Jun 21, 2005 19:43

I just used what was provided in the thread I linked to above.

No change at all from what he provided, once he patched the PHP5 issue

11 Jun 21, 2005 22:16

This still doesn't work for me. It's not even getting the name of the file, the error message is missing all of the variable fill-ins. I get:

File : type  is not allowed.

I'm not sure what this is, but it doesn't even seem to be able to get the proper name of the file or it's type. I think this is related to the problem I was having with the default one.

12 Jun 22, 2005 00:02

It don't work for me. Now I get the message 'Type is not allowed'.

Thats annoying....

13 Jun 23, 2005 18:43

As I posted in the other one, I think this is a lost cause for me. I have no reason to stay with PHP5, so I'm gonna reinstall Fedora Core 3 again. Good luck with the issue. I would stick around, but I have other stuff that is malfunctioning because of PHP5.

Form is loading...