Recent Topics

1 Jun 28, 2005 19:13    

I have a problem that I have just noticed on my blog. The linkblog is appearing twice in the side bar, once in the list of blogs and then again as the linkblog.

Ive checked the settings and my linkblog has the box to publicly list in the bloglist unchecked so I dont know why it should be appearing :( It doesnt appear in other peoples blogs.

2 Jun 28, 2005 19:26

I see what you're talking about. Shows up under categories (which is where, I presume, you'd LIKE to have it) ...

Then again under the sidebar, as "LinkBlog".

This happened to me too, on a recent installation using the "platinum" skin.

The fix is just a quick edit to the _main.php for your skin ... look for and delete (or comment out) the section in the sidebar that calls the linkblog. For the platinum skin, it looks like:

<div class="bSideItem">
	<h3><?php echo T_('Linkblog') ?></h3>
	<?php require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_linkblog.php' ); // LINKBLOG INCLUDED HERE ?>
	</div>

Don't feel like the lone stranger! I can't help you with your MMS issue, but maybe this one? ;)

-stk :D

3 Jun 28, 2005 21:38

No I dont want it under the categories :) I want it as the link blog... but I want the rest of my blogs to appear in the categories list. The options in the admin panel should control this but it doesnt appear to do so :(

4 Jun 28, 2005 21:55

I can't see your list of blogs..
I only see your linkblog-articles under linkblog..

so point me corectly where it is going wrong in your opinion ?

5 Jun 28, 2005 22:06

This problem, right here, cut an pasted, and highlighted in bold...

mikkysworld blogs
mikkysworld - General Blurb

<snip>

Blogging a Bankroll

<snip>

Related Links

* b2evolution (6)
* mikkysworld (1)
* Poker (2)
* Stuff (2)

Camphone Blog

<snip>

Linkblog
mikkysworld

* mikkysworld.com forums Permalink

b2evolution

* François Permalink
* Isaac Permalink
* Marius Permalink
* Travis Permalink
* Vegas Permalink
* Welby Permalink

Stuff

* LazerBen's Blog Permalink
* Ronin Permalink

Poker

* Blonde Poker Permalink
* Pokerology.com Permalink

6 Jun 28, 2005 22:09

Okay then ... exactly the REVERSE of my assumption (it's been that kind of day! ;) )

Instead of commenting out / deleting the _main.php sidebar reference to the linkblog (WHICH YOU WANT) ...

Open _categories.php in the skins directory (knowing that there is a _categories.php in the /skins/yourSkin/ directory that calls ANOTHER _categories.php in the /skins/ directory ... which I've never liked)...

Anyway in /skins/categories.php ... find the line that says

{ # by uncommenting the following lines you can hide some blogs
// if( $curr_blog_ID == # ) continue; // Hide some blog 

Yours will be slightly different, but you should get there.

just uncomment the line and put in the blog number for your linkblog (which, by default install, is #4 ... again ... yours may be different).

That should do the trick (pulling the linkblog out of the categories listing for the "All Blogs" blog).

Hope this helps (finally) ;)

-Scott :D

7 Jun 28, 2005 22:13

Ahhh, thanks very much!! I really thought the option in the admin config would have done this though, since there is an option there to hide it from the list.

Thanks, ill get this in asap :)

8 Jun 28, 2005 22:18

I believe the back office option only keeps it from being a choice in the blog list at the top of the page ( where you have "All Blogs Blurb Bankroll camblog" ).

Glad to FINALLY help! ;)

Form is loading...