Recent Topics

1 Jul 09, 2005 19:15    

I've noticed some skins really need a lot of real estate to work well. I've looked over the shoulders of some dudes with small monitors browsing in half open browers.

What code could I use to force a blog to open full screen?

2 Jul 09, 2005 21:47

http://www.google.com/search?q=resize+browser+code

I don't know about everyone else, but I really hate it when a web page resizes my browsers window. First of all, I know how to change the size and if I set it to something I don't any websites mucking around with it. Second, I used tabbed browsing, so all my pages are in the same window. When a web page resizes the browser, it affects all of the pages I have loaded in other tabs.

3 Jul 09, 2005 23:06

thanks personman - know what you're saying but there's a host of people out there who don't even think to resize their browser and I've watched soem whilst internally screaming "change your browser you schmuck"

4 Jul 09, 2005 23:16

I see what you mean. But if they don't know to change their browser size (and screen resolution) then they probably won't appreciate what you do for them. The geeks who know exactly what they're doing will get pissed off at you and probably never visit your site again. I'm using a 17'' widescreen iMac at its native resolution. I resize my browser window to only fill about 75% of the width of the screen. I use the last bit of screen for a chat client or something. I would hate for a website to mess that up just because it was trying to help some users who don't know how to use the maximize button.

Form is loading...