Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2005 02:31    

Hi all,

just started testing out the Blog, and having a bizarre issue with the date.

Basically, i posted one today 9th July, and the date posted is the 30th July. Also, i tried posting with the date altered to the 15th June, and it came up as the 30th June (have deleted it now).

Anyway, I've placed the blog inside my design template, and altered the date presentation, so maybe i have messed something up somewhere. Would someone in the know mind having a peek and letting me know.

http://www.monkeytreemedia.co.uk/blogb2/

Thanks

2 Jul 10, 2005 19:24

The date comes right from your server's clock. Log into the b2evolution backoffice and look at the very top to see what your server is showing as the date and time. If they're wrong, then you need to change the date and time on your server (or ask you webhost to).

3 Jul 10, 2005 19:32

thanks, but i don't think that is the issue. i tried another post today and although it says it was posted on sunday, it still says july 31st, so i'm figuring it must be something i have done when i put it in my template, as the only number it delivers the end of the month.

Any other ideas?

5 Jul 10, 2005 22:02

it shows this:

b2evo v 0.9.0.10 · Blog time: 05:01:28 am · GMT: 08:01:28 pm · Logged in as: xxxxxxxx (my xxxx's)

it doesn't have a date, and the time is now 09:01pm

any ideas?

6 Jul 11, 2005 03:15

Sorry, I thought the date was up there, but I guess it isn't. Go to the write tab and just below the post area it will show the date that the post will be assigned. If that's wrong, then I'm guessing your server has the wrong date. If it shows the correct date there, then something between that and displaying the date on your blog is messing up.

7 Jul 11, 2005 09:30

yeah, the timestamp shows the correct date (albeit a little behind probably due to time difference with the server), so then it must be a problem between that and the blog.

Thanks for bothering personman... is this forum only really read by helpful users, or are tech staff from b2 on here? should i send a support ticket? and is there one? (in fact i'll have a look)

cheers again.

8 Jul 11, 2005 09:32

just seen that you are a moderator, apologies on the last post then.

So, is this an issue you guys may know how to fix, or should i completely reinstall?

Also, could the error have occurred when i cut the script up to work in my template (i usually do it on an wing and a prayer with only a little proper understanding of php 8| )

Would it help if i post my code?

Cheers

9 Jul 11, 2005 09:46

It always helps when you post code..

There is no 'support ticket' or system like that, we are all volunteering on this thing.

10 Jul 11, 2005 09:49

thanks topanga, actually in the middle of a little testing so will post again shortly, but may have located the issue (bizarrely) so thanks again and will be back soon.

11 Jul 11, 2005 09:57

Ok, i am such an a***.

I had the incorrect letter in my settings for date format.

So sorry for wasting your time personman, and i appreciate the help.

cheers

12 Jul 11, 2005 15:11

I'm glad you found the problem. I was happy to try and help. I don't think we wasted time. We were able to narrow it down some.

Form is loading...