Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2005 17:34    

B2Evolution and NTLM authentification

Greetings. I’m dropping by in hopes that you will be able to help me with my questionning. You see, I’m currently setting up a Weblog for my company and I’m now at the stage where I’m testing different softwares to do the right choice. B2Evolution is amongst those I decided to test and I’d like to know if automatic authentification (NTLM authentification) is possible with the software.

Here’s some additional informations on how our Weblog is setup:

1)Our weblog will be hosted on our server (running on Windows server 2003) and it’s going to be on Intranet (so only computers connected to the intranet will have access to it)
2)Authentification on our Intranet sites are automatic with NTLM authentification, we never have to type usernames and passwords to access the sites and we’d like our Weblog to work the same and recognize the computer automatically.

Since everyone working in the company will be an author on the Weblog with the ability to add Posts as well as comments we'd like to allow them not to have to remember a username and password.

So in resume, I’d like to know if automatic authentification is possible with B2Evolution and if so, how would I realize that ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Jul 14, 2005 20:30

Fot the moment it is not possible, but as soon as youfound out a system that does, please let me now, because I'm extremely interested for the exact same reasons.

3 Jul 15, 2005 14:53

I will let you know if I find one

4 Jul 20, 2005 13:22

At the momment this is not supported by b2evolution.

It would be possible to support many forms of authentication if someone could find alter the code to check the REMOTE_USER server variable to see if a user is logged in.

In this way you could support ntlm via mod_ntlm, kerberos via mod_auth_kerberos, ldap via mod_auth_ldap and a whole host of other authentication schemes all of which populate the REMOTE_USER variable.

Form is loading...