Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2005 00:14    

Why is this code causing the links to the comments to not be show on comments on posts where I had used the link to url?

See what is happening.
http://www.hopeontheweb.com/blogs
Service intrupton does not have any link to url, so its working like I want it to.

Any suguestions?

<div class="bSideItem">
    <h3><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'lastcommentsurl', 'raw' ) ?>">Recent Comments</a></h3>
  <ul>
<?php

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment'", $show_statuses,'','','DESC','',5 );
   $CommentList->display_if_empty( '<div class="bComment"><p>'.T_('No comment yet...').'</p></div>' );

while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() )
   {   // Loop through comments:
      ?>
         <li><?php $Comment->author('','') ?> on <a href="<?php $Comment->permalink(); ?>" title="permalink to comment"><?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?></a>

</li>
<?php
   }
?>        </ul>

</div>

2 Jul 16, 2005 23:16

thumper369 wrote:

so its working like I want it to.

So what is your question... it is doing what you want it to do.... ???

3 Jul 17, 2005 02:58

Sorry for the confusion in my post.

It works like I want it to on post that do not have a link to url. I was using service interuption as an example. I have take that post down but there is a post that says sneek peek. It does not have anything in the link to URL so it will take you to the comments when you click on the link next to the comments.

The other posts take you to the mp3 file I have listed in the Link to URL. So when you click on the link next to the place it says Name on xxxxxx it does not take you to that comment.

PS. If you go to my site and its down, try again in a bit. I am having intrmentid down time with my host right now.

4 Jul 17, 2005 17:10

you you'd like that every link is to your permalink-adres and not to the link that you put in as 'link to URL' ?

6 Jul 18, 2005 18:45

This is the URL to your permalink : <?php $Item->permalink() ?>

So if you use this inyour recent comments piece :
<a href="<?php $Comment->Item->permalink() ?>"><?php $Comment->Item->title( '', '', false ) ?>

it should work

7 Jul 18, 2005 23:36

Great, thank you. I used

<a href="<?php $Comment->permalink() ?>"><?php $Comment->Item->title( '', '', false ) ?> 

And it did exatly what I wanted it to do.

Now one more quiestion.

Is there any way to only display part of the title. For example I would ike to display

J Smith on Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)
instead of
J Smith on First Take, Episode 16 - Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)

All the posts should start with "First Take, Episode XX - " so I have a specific number of spaces over I could start to display.

Form is loading...