Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2005 12:18    

I thought you might like to know about a couple of strange things I've noticed in the back office over the last few days, after installing the security update.

These are appearing with Safari 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), but only *seem* to have started since I installed the b2evo security update. Certainly, I had no trouble setting up the linkblog a couple of weeks ago.

1. when in the 'Write' tab and switching from one blog to another, I end up posting a blank post instead of just switching to the correct blog. Then I have to go back and delete the post that shouldn't have appeared.

2. the 'link to URL' field for the linkblog has almost disappeared from the window, showing way off to the right of the 'language' dropdown; this screenshot shows what I mean: http://www.the-town.org/hostimages/b2bug.jpg

3. when writing a post, and then going back to add formatting, b2evo always adds the new tag right at the bottom of the post, instead of where the insertion point is. That's a real pain, and makes the quick tags pretty much useless; it's easier to hand code.

None of these problems occur in Firefox (v 1.0.4) for Mac, btw, so I'm assuming they're browser specific.

Other info: b2evo version: 0.9.0.10; php version: 4.3.11; MySQL version: 4.0.24-standard

Fiona Bowman
fi@the-town.org

2 Jul 21, 2005 15:55

Hello,

It is the same thing for me with Safari 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther), with b2evolution version 0.9.0.12 (Paris).

Quaevis ;)

3 Sep 06, 2005 02:43

I can not access the Link to URL box on Opera 8.02, but can with Safari 1.3 on MacOS 10.3.9. I'm running b2evo 0.9.0.12 (Amsterdam) unpatched.

4 Nov 20, 2005 05:03

We'll try to fix this for Phoenix.

I can reproduce points 2 and 3 of fi's report with Konqueror (which rendering engine is quite the same as Safari's).

Here's my screenshot:
http://codeprobe.de/pub/screenshots/b2evo_item_form_b0rken_khtml.png

I've asked François about fixing the CSS and will look at the Javascript that inserts the tags tomorrow.

However, please test, if the other issues are still present in the development version (http://demo.b2evolution.net).

Thanks a lot.

5 Nov 20, 2005 20:34

Point 3 (quicktags appended to the end of the post) cannot be fixed for Safari/Konqueror, because it has no Javascript API for that..

6 Dec 26, 2005 10:52

blueyed wrote:

Point 3 (quicktags appended to the end of the post) cannot be fixed for Safari/Konqueror, because it has no Javascript API for that..

Note: The problem is related to an malformed tag or non strictly XHTML 1.0 Transitional inserted in field "description" when you write your post.

7 Dec 29, 2005 05:03

paolo, do you really mean that the problem "clicking a quicktag-button gets not inserted at the cursor position, but the end of the text" is related to not xhtml conform tags in the text before??

I fear, it's not.

And btw: it seems to be the same problem here with phpBB. There's just no Javascript API for Konqueror/Safari to do that..

8 Dec 29, 2005 10:53

blueyed wrote:

paolo, do you really mean that the problem "clicking a quicktag-button gets not inserted at the cursor position, but the end of the text" is related to not xhtml conform tags in the text before??

I fear, it's not.

And btw: it seems to be the same problem here with phpBB. There's just no Javascript API for Konqueror/Safari to do that..

Sorry at all and thanks blueyed my note is outside topic.
it's not

Form is loading...