Recent Topics

1 Jul 21, 2005 22:03    

Wondering which WP themes are more compatible with b2? wp1.2 or wp1.5 themes?

Thanks!
knotty

2 Jul 25, 2005 04:12

I've been waiting for someone who knows more about this than I do to answer, but it hasn't happened yet, so I'll take a crack at it. The guide on skins.b2evolution.net says that the instructions work with WP styles from version 1.2. I don't know if there are enough changes in 1.5 to make the css incompatible. What has been your experience? Have you had some success with 1.5 styles?

3 Jul 25, 2005 05:16

Hi Personman,
Actually, I haven't tried any WP themes on b2 yet although I have many of them. (I came from WP) I'll get around to trying it a bit later. I want to play with b2 for now. I use Kubrick on WP anyway and b2 has Kubrick.

I must admit, I'm thrilled with b2, it has some nice features like the preview in the actual theme instead of a text box and many other nice features.

And, it's been working flawlessly, including the install, first time everytime.

Thanks....knotty

4 Jul 26, 2005 09:01

I think 1.5 styles don't really like wpc_blank. It's best to stick with 1.2 styles at the moment, until we have time to release an updated wpc_blank. If someone want to modify that file to work well wil 95% of WP 1.5 styles, I'd be very grateful. It doesn't need to work perfectly with all of them, because there were a couple that didn't work with the original, but just most of them.

Cheers.

5 Jul 26, 2005 21:05

Thanks Graham,
I'll look at alexking.org for 1.2 themes, he has quite a few.

knotty

6 Jul 27, 2005 03:27

I was thinking of bringing the wpc_blank file up to date with Wordpress 1.5 styles, so started reading about Wordpress 1.5. It no longer uses styles. They're replaced their css-only style system with a full-fledged skinning system similar to what b2evolution has. The new system is called 'Themes.' The theme developer can customize the site contents, rather than just the look. That opens up some great new possiblities for theme developers, but it makes it basically impossible to create a WP 1.5 compatible wpc_blank file. Every theme I looked at used different classes and ids, so there's no reason to expect even 10% of WP theme stylesheets to work with any one wpc_blank.

On the bright side, a lot of the WP 1.5 themes at alexking.org are released under the GPL, so they could be ported over one at a time without too much effort. There are some nice ones, too.

7 Jul 27, 2005 08:42

Ok then, cheers for looking into it anyway. I'll update the skins site with the new info.

Form is loading...