Recent Topics

1 Jul 26, 2005 17:26    

I just figured out how to add adsense to my site, now I have one more question.

http://ontheright.us

See where it says b2evolution at the top of the sidebar? How can I make that say Links instead?

The required b2evolution link is on the blog at the bottom.

Also, I would love to know how to have a Full Name be invisible, so I can use my header image, and still have the Full Name visible in the browser

(i.e. where this says b2evolution Forums:: Post a reply - Mozilla Firefox"

Finally, for some reason whenever I search on google for my site, the google shows the name of my site as the title of my last post.

Any idea how to change that?

For example, my last post was titled "Quick Update"

In google, it shows Quick Update, as the main link, then the meta desc below it, then the url.

Thanks in advance.

2 Jul 27, 2005 00:21

You can make all of those changes in the _main.php file of your skin. I can't tell you the exact code without seeing your php source file. You kind of have to sift through the file and learn what code generates what content. If 'b2evolution' is part of your linkblog, then you may have to take a look in _linkblog.php, too.

The title that goes in the bar at the top of the browser comes from whatever is inside the <title></title> tags, which are inside the <head></head>tags toward the top of the page. If you want to change the title that shows up at the top of the page itself, then look for some code that comes after <div id="header">. Again, I don't know the exact code you need to look for, but that's about where you'll find it. If you're not sure about something, then save a backup copy of your _main.php before making changes.

Form is loading...