Recent Topics

1 Jul 28, 2005 09:25    

Hi guys!
I am new to this whole blog thing and I need some help with a color scheme..

I want it to match my website: [url=www.kd7lax.com]kd7lax.com[/url] or atleast not clash with it.. :)

Also I want to put a little bar on the side where I can have button style(img links) to websites I like.

If some one could help me with this and tell me what to edit!

any way thanks for the help! (and I hope I am in the right forum!)

thanks much!
-Kd7lax[/url]

2 Jul 28, 2005 15:36

You can do both of these things by editing the skin that your blog uses (which is 'custom' right now.) The files you need to edit are in /blog/skins/custom/. Edit the file custom.css to change the colors. Here are some colors I grabbed from your header image. They would probably go well.

#0000CC
#3FFCC33
#66CC66

If you want to add anything to the sidebar, then open up the _main.php file (also in the custom folder) and find the section that's labeled 'sidebar starts here' or something like that. You can drop in whatever you want.

You could also put your site header into the skin. Just find the right section of the _main.php file and paste in the code that forms your header and you'll be closer to getting your blog to fit in with the rest of the site. Note that image and page urls will be relative to the skin file itself, so you may want to use absolute urls for your images.

3 Jul 28, 2005 19:53

All right sounds good, I will start editing today and will let you guys know if I run on to any snags! thanks much!
-Kd7lax

Form is loading...