Recent Topics

1 Aug 05, 2005 03:00    

I uploaded several skins to b2 evolution skins folder. I've noticed that files in my custom folder, the one that I got with the installation are with chmod 755 and skins that I uploaded are with 644. Do I have to change the chmod to 755 and what happens if I don't change it?

I mean, all of my skin folders have 755 chmod but files inside have 644 chmod. Only files inside of "custom" folder have all 755 chmod. It confuses me.

Please clarify. Thank you!

2 Aug 05, 2005 03:40

I think the files in the custom folder have permissions like that so they can be editing using the Templates tab in the backoffice. The other skins should work with the permission they have. No need to change them.

3 Aug 05, 2005 03:55

Thank you, however I don't know what is their permission in this case skins or plugins because when I downloaded on computer and then upload it on the server they are usually 644 chmod.

However, is it a problem that skin be with 755 chmod?

Is there some security steps with chmoding people have to take after installing b2evo. I read that file permission manual but there is written that you should do that if you have problems after installation.

4 Aug 05, 2005 04:21

755 for the custom skin shouldn't be a problem. If you're really concerned, then change the permissions. You may not be able to edit the custom skin through the b2evolution backoffice, however.

Form is loading...