Recent Topics

1 Aug 11, 2005 21:58    

I have a layout for my site already that I would really like to impliment into the blog located at www.savier.us ... I just want the header on my existing site as the header for my blog, and the rest like the blog currently is with out all the b2evolution skin choices and stuff thats on the right hand side. I would like to keep the search engine, calender, archives, recent & top referrers, stuff... but I think the rest can go...... And I would also like the title to say
"Epic Savier's Blog" instead of Blog A Title. ....

If any one could help me with this I would appreciate it. I have been gettin stuck with editing templates for some sites lately and have yet to get any of them working right.... So if any one can help me with this and is fluent in template editing I would be more then happy to pay that individual(s) to edit other templates for me as well..... But for right now I would like to get this blog edited with the header and color scheme I currently have with my site. If you are able to do this please make a post or email me at epic_savier@yahoo.com and we can further discuss things. U can also reach me on AIM at epic savier or yahoo messenger at epic_savier

thanks....

3 Aug 12, 2005 00:18

Hey Thanks for the link to that tutorial! Was awesome!

I'm stuck in one spot though... The comment text is a bit bigger than the normal text and the comment headers are too big... basically doesn't match...

you can see what I mean:

http://betadoodle.com/blog/index.php?blog=5

where do I change those params?

4 Aug 12, 2005 03:57

Open up your stylesheet (custom.css) and find this code:

.bSmallPrint
{
	clear: both;
	color: #999;
	font-size: 0.7em;
	margin: 1ex 0 2ex 0;
}

You should be able to tweak it to your tastes.

I really like the skin. You should consider sumbitting it to the [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/]skins repository[/url].

5 Aug 12, 2005 05:00

actually changing the values in there doesn't work. I had already toyed with that section. (when i copied it from the custom.css from the "custom" skin that came with the installation, it had percentages in there for fonts whereas I changed it to the 0.7em to match the rest of the css from the template.

thanks for the compliment, but i owe the layout to www.oswd.org

and don't gimme any flack for "creating" websites for people but only using templates... i only do it for friends and people i know pretty much lol

but it LOOKS official.... :-D

6 Aug 12, 2005 05:14

You won't get any flack from me. I've ported three templates from oswd.org to b2evolution skins. I've asked for permission first and the designers have been more than happy to allow it. Check out Uneven, Plain and Reflection on skins.b2evolution.net. So, if you can get permission to submit them and you've already done most of the work, then there's no good reason not to submit it.

I changed it to this in the Firefox Web Developer's toolbar (which allows real-time css editing), and it seems to match pretty well to me.

.bSmallPrint
{
	clear: both;
	color: #444;
	font-size: 65%;
	margin: 1ex 0 2ex 0;
}

But when you edit the file http://betadoodle.com/blog/skins/Beta_Skin/custom.css it's not affecting how it looks at all?

7 Aug 16, 2005 20:13

well still doesn't quite work for me. I guess I'll just leave it.

I'll have to go track down the creator of the template and ask if I should port it.

Form is loading...