Recent Topics

1 Aug 17, 2005 19:15    

I've seen a lot of answers to questions that basically said "this will be available in the next version". I was wondering if one of the devs or beta testers would be willing to take a couple of minutes to list out the major features and changes in the upcoming release. That could eliminate some of these questions and also give those who might write hacks / plugins some ideas of what they should and should not work on (no sense working on a hack for something that will be available in a few weeks).

2 Aug 17, 2005 20:20

Here's a very unofficial response to that question.

I did an install from the CVS code a few weeks ago and here are some of the highlights as far as I can tell:

1. A built in file manager. This looks pretty slick. You can upload and manage files.

2. Multiple blogs across separate subdomains and domains. One install of b2evolution can run blogs on several domains.

3. Reworked stats and antispam. I'm hoping this will turn the tide in the battle against blog spam.

4. More plugin hooks. Right now you can only do so much in the way of writing plugins. The new version should be much more extensible.

I'm sure a dev or at least someone who knows much more than me will come along and correct or extend this list, but those are the things that I noticed.

4 Aug 17, 2005 20:54

Thanks, guys. That's good info.

Form is loading...