Recent Topics

1 Aug 24, 2005 17:06    

Is there any way other than direct access to the B2evo database that i can access stats about users?

Let me try to explain a bit:
1. I want to be able to see how many posts a user has made and how many he has posted recently
2. Maybe a way to check to make sure that a user is not a deadbeat writer and has not posted in 5 weeks?
3. A show on the page the most active authors and their post count and the date of their last post.

I think this would be a great thing since it would allow people to find the most interesting authors on a blog and show how much they contributed!

Any ideas would be appreciated

2 Aug 24, 2005 17:15

it is not in there for the moment, and to write new stuff knowing that a brand new version of b2e is comming in the next month, is not smart.

After Phoenix has been released, plugins like this will be very easy to make.

3 Aug 24, 2005 17:18

These might be good features for a plugin. What b2evolution can do now is to show you the most recent posts by any given author. Just add ?author=1 onto the end of your blog url. Of course, the 1 can be replaced with the id number of the author you want to look for. That would at least take care of number two in your list, because it would show the author's most recent post.

4 Aug 24, 2005 17:26

I realize a new release is around the corner but this seems like something that should be easily done. Its not like the new release is a complete rewrite ive downloaded the newest version and it keeps most of the structure.

Im imagining that if adding "?author=7" to the end of a url it only shows the posts from that author. That means that B2evo already has the ability to filter by author so whats stopping anybody from just making 10-15 lines of code that just count how many posts return per author and then set it in a for loop to run from "?author=1" until "?author=~"

I would be glad to write this but i need to find where b2evo is pulling the "?author=1" code from?

anybody have any ideas?

5 Aug 24, 2005 17:31

You might start with b2evocore/_functions_users.php

6 Aug 24, 2005 18:47

This is just a basic hack if you want the number of posts to show up in a column on the users page of the backoffice

open up the _users_list.php file in the admin folder
on line 34 enter the line

<th><?php echo T_('Posts') ?></th>

This creates a header column

next on line 58 change

<td colspan="7">

to

<td colspan="8">

so that the column is spanned by the group

then on line 156 after

echo "</td>\n";

insert the code:

echo '<td>', get_usernumposts( $loop_User->get('ID')), "</td>\n";

You will now have another column in the backoffice users page that shows the amount of posts each user has.

Moderators you might want to throw this in the Hacks area

Thanks for the tip "personman"

7 Aug 24, 2005 18:52

Does anybody know where the function is that allows you to choose posts by date ranges or months. This way i can call up the posts that have been posted in the last month to see if the blogger has posted anything recently?

You guys are the best

Form is loading...