Recent Topics

1 Aug 27, 2005 16:17    

Hello,

I am having a lot of difficulty locating the css controller for the B2>Evo backend. There are 3 main .css files: variations, legacy, and desert.
If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Specifically I would like to know which file/section controls the font and BG colors of the "editing" page, and the fonts on th login page.
Perhaps I am just burned out on the code...any help would be appreciated.

Heres the blog: http://www.blackwednesday.org/blog/

Waring: It's political.

Thanks in advance!

-Chuck

2 Aug 27, 2005 17:23

The backoffice has a style switcher. In the upper right it says: Style: V·D·L. Click a letter to change styles. I think it stores your choice in a cookie and serves one of the three stylesheets based on that. Whichever you choose does the styling for the whole backoffice, including the login page. Also note that the main css file (whether it's desert, variation or legacy) imports some other stylesheets:

@import url(../rsc/basic.css);	/* Import basic styles */
@import url(../rsc/img.css);	/* Import standard image styles */
@import url(../rsc/blog_elements.css);	/* Import standard blog elements styles */
@import url(../rsc/forms.css);	/* Import default form styles */
@import url(../rsc/comments.css);	/* Import default comment styles */

If you're working on CSS, this is an invaluable tool: [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60]Firefox Web Developer Toolbar[/url].

3 Aug 27, 2005 20:13

Thanks a lot :)

I'll get to actually give that a shot a bit later tonight. I am pretty impressed by the speed and helpfulness of the response.
I'll post results later.

Thanks!!

-Chuck

5 Sep 01, 2005 20:28

/rsc/forms.css

I know I mentioned it before, but I found that in about 2 seconds with the Firefox web dev tool bar. I chose 'Edit CSS' and it put each CSS file in a tab in the sidebar and I was able to find the code that changes the background.

form.fform fieldset {
	border: 1px solid #ddd;
	margin-bottom: 1ex;
	background-color: #fff;
	padding: .5ex 1ex;
}

Change the #fff to #000 to get a black background. Check that toolbar out. You are using Firefox, aren't you?

6 Sep 01, 2005 21:09

Yessir, but I havent tried it's editing function, honestly.

I guess I should have mentioned I edit with notepad.
I'll give that a shot.

Thanks!

-Chuck

7 Sep 01, 2005 21:14

Nothing wrong with notepad. I use Vim. I only use the edit CSS function to track down problems and try out changes so I can see the results in real time.

8 Sep 25, 2005 19:23

Sorry it took a while to update this.
I guess i got a little carried away with the EditCSS tool you recommended.
Not only did it find exactly what I was looking for, but it's proven to be a great tool for lots of things. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before.

Anyhow, it worked like gangbusters, and I have completed the final edits on our blog. This, in effect frees me to spend a lot more time on content than polish, and for that I thank you guys.

Feel free to check us out. I think (IMHO) that we've done a pretty good job customizing and streamlining the 'ality' skin.

After a tad more polish, I am kicking around the idea of releasing it as a full blown template.."Black-Ality". What do you think?
I seek advice!

Thanks!

-Chuck
[url=http://blackwednesday.org/blog/]BlackWednesday.org[/url]

9 Sep 25, 2005 19:38

Looks good. I say submit it to the skins repository. We can always use more skins.

Form is loading...