Recent Topics

1 Aug 31, 2005 09:00    

Hello,
I´m using the kubrick2evo skin.
I want to install a
"Who is online?" (how many user are online).

Any idea??
Regards
Joe

2 Aug 31, 2005 09:45

Either find an external app and hack it in, or wait until the next release comes out. b2evolution will have "who's online", and I'm making an upgraded K2E that will include it.

EDIT: truth is I'm trying to add a lot to the next generation of k2e for the next generation of b2evolution, as well as make sure it takes full advantage of the new way. For example I want to have "keep the sidebar on the single post pages" as a user-selected option instead of a hack. I *might* try a guestbook hack that won't show up if the user doesn't want it. All at the skin level of course. In another thread rounded corners on tabs came up, but it turns out to be a LOT more than I can handle. Anyway "who's online" is available from outside sources. I don't know where to get it but I've seen b2evo blogs with it so... I do know it's coming though. Once I opened my test k2e in IE to see how a non-logged-in person saw it and it told me admin and a guest were online. I couldn't figure out who had that url until I realized it was me - doh!

3 Sep 02, 2005 17:31

I have rounded corners on my navigation tabs. I can send you the code I used if you want? I looks pretty poo in IE though, but to be perfectly honest, I don't really care... I only get hits from people not using FF from search engines. And they work well enough.

4 Sep 02, 2005 19:09

joachim,

The "users online" php script we use can be found [url=http://elouai.com/users.php]here[/url] (I monkeyed with the install, to use graphical numbers ... which display in the "site tools" area)

It's pretty straighforward install, but you'll need to create a table in your b2evo mySQL DB, to temporarily store the user data.

I helped someone else get the thing running on their site and you might find [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=4284]that thread[/url] helpful.

Cheers,

-stk :D

Form is loading...