Recent Topics

1 Sep 14, 2005 16:25    

I find this forum extremely helpful - and thought I would ask how do I change the way the archives are displayed in the sidebar.

I know that In "settings" I can choose betweem post by post, daily, weekly monthly etc. But the date is displayed mm/dd/yy. How would I change it to "Sept 12/05"?

I am using this for a course I am teaching and students are required to keep a blog. We're not online yet, when they are, I'll post a link. I tried it last year, and got a favorable response from the students (second year university). I'm anxious to see how this will work in a first year setting...

Heather

2 Sep 14, 2005 16:43

If you want to change the date format across the whole blog, then go to settins in the backoffice, then choose regional and change the date format for your locale. If you just want to change the way the archives display in a single skin, then open up /skins/yourskinname/_archives.php

# override general date format ? 0 = no: use the date format set in Options, 1 = yes: override
        if(!isset($archive_date_format_over_ride)) $archive_date_format_over_ride = 0;
        # options for daily archive (only if you override the general date format)
        if(!isset($archive_day_date_format)) $archive_day_date_format = 'Y/m/d';
        # options for weekly archive (only if you override the general date format)
        if(!isset($archive_week_start_date_format)) $archive_week_start_date_format = 'Y/m/d';
        if(!isset($archive_week_end_date_format)) $archive_week_end_date_format   = 'Y/m/d';

Change the 0 to a 1 to override the backoffice date format setting, then change the date formats.

This page will help you find the right things to put in to format the date:
http://us2.php.net/date

Sept 13/05 would be 'M d/y'

3 Sep 14, 2005 16:59

Just an FYI: the date settings are also findable on your settings tab regional subtab then click 'create new locale' link.

4 Sep 14, 2005 17:03

Never saw that before. That's handy, though. Thanks.

5 Sep 14, 2005 18:30

I followed the instructions through the Settings Tab. Too Easy!!

Thanks for the help

H

Form is loading...