Recent Topics

1 Sep 19, 2005 14:24    

I installed 0.9.1 Dawn and uploaded 'Plain' and it appears as a skin option.

However if selected the following error messages are displayed:

Warning: main(/home/georgeek/public_html/skins/plain/_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/georgeek/public_html/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 304

Warning: main(/home/georgeek/public_html/skins/plain/_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/georgeek/public_html/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 304

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/georgeek/public_html/skins/plain/_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/georgeek/public_html/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 304

Any ideas?

- Roger

2 Sep 19, 2005 15:21

Check the file _blog_main.php in your /b2evocore directory and see what line 304 says. It's probably calling a file that no longer exists in Dawn.

Hope that gets you started off right...

3 Sep 19, 2005 16:21

Line 304 of _blog_main.php appears to be:

require get_path( 'skins' )."/$skin/_main.php";

- Roger

4 Sep 19, 2005 17:41

Well, that goes over my head. I'm not sure what is causing that. Have you tried any other user-made skins (other than what came with the Dawn installation)?

5 Sep 19, 2005 17:51

Also consider getting a fresh copy of plain and replacing your current copy with the new one. Sometimes stuff just gets broke, ya know?

Oh hey. When you unzipped plain did you get a folder with another folder inside called 'plain'? I think your error is what happens when your skin is inside 2 folders - it happens sometimes. In other words, your plain folder should have 13 files and an 'images' folder - not another 'plain' folder with 13 files and an an 'images' folder.

Man I hate trying to say that. It always sounds confusing to me.

6 Sep 19, 2005 17:52

No, just the ones that came with Dawn.

'Plain' was my first and and only skin import because it is the one I would like to use.

Is this a Dawn problem or a skin problem do you think?

- Roger

7 Sep 19, 2005 18:24

Um... neither. I have an installation of dawn and just uploaded plain to it. When I unzipped I saw I had plain inside plain, so automatically uploaded the inner plain. It worked without issue, but then it occured to me that it wouldn't work if you just upload the outer plain.

Got link we can see this at? Both to a good skin and the non-working plain?

8 Sep 19, 2005 18:42

EdB that was it! I uploaded a plain within a plain...

Now I know why you have Guru under your name :)

Thank you very much.

- Roger

Form is loading...