Recent Topics

1 Oct 04, 2005 07:16    

Hi folks!

Is it possible to set a new frame at the top of external links where my outgoing visitors can com back to my site after visiting the site i linked? So that if they link the site i linked they´ll get this frame above the linked page to my site again?

Sounds complivated, but many sites use this system...

2 Oct 24, 2005 02:30

You mean like About.com does?

I think that's quite annoying. If someone wants to come back to your site they can always hit the Back button, and if they don't want to leave your site they could always open the link in a new tab or a new window.

Sticking someone in a frame is not good website etiquette these days.

3 Oct 24, 2005 20:34

I agree with Nate. If every website stuck you in their frame with off-site links, half my browsing windows would be frames - in frames - in frames - in frames - in frames ... ad nauseum.

The solution we employ on our site is: open offsite links in a new window. Some don't like this, but as someone who does a lot of surfing, I like closing windows to get back to the originating site, rather than continually hitting the BACK button, usually one or two too many times. ;)

Despite my opinion on what you want to do, I'd help you if I could, but don't know a way. Still, my recomendation is to NOT trap users in a frame for off-site links.

-stk :D

Form is loading...