Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2004 08:16    

Hi everybody!

There's no htmlArea for b2evolution.

2 Jan 08, 2004 13:49

I followed the instructions to the letter (I even did it twice), but I get nothing other than the usual screen (well, there's a -> in the top left corner). The example page worked fine, though, so it isnt my brower.

3 Jan 08, 2004 15:29

I've actually been testing this with the CVS files. With the new version of b2evo, there should be an option to turn on WYSIWYG editing. It will use HTMLarea 3. I don't have any of them updated yet, but I should soon. I just have to quit playing with Mambo long enough!

4 Jan 09, 2004 06:50

:oops: Oh, MAN... Forgot the main thing. Sory million times. Include editor.php file bellow the </textarea> but before ---AUTOBR--- in _edit_form.php

<?php include ("editor.php");?>

That should correct the problem. My apologiez guys.

5 Jan 09, 2004 14:37

It works great now, but now I just have to put all the tags it uses into my allowed list... :'(

6 Jan 10, 2004 16:59

I found one problem, the smilieys dont work with this...

7 Jan 12, 2004 20:02

Hi
been playing around, have it working but doesn't show in mozilla
is it possible for someone to upload the instructions mentioned above as link is down
thanks

8 Jan 12, 2004 21:28

The whole domain seems to be dead, so I guess its just a server outage or something... I would post the instructions, if I had them. I just realised that I've been using the html option on this anyway, and I'd rather have smilieys, so I'm better off with the normal editor...

9 Jan 13, 2004 00:18

The version I'm working on will incorporate all of the features found in b2evo, plus the WYSIWYG editor. I don't have any idea on when this feature will be released as there's a lot to get fixed in it. Right now I have to completely shut off the HTML checker in order it to work.

There's two main problems - htmlarea2 only works in IE and uses plain HTML, most of which can't be considered XHTML-Transistional much less XHTML. htmlarea3 is buggy as can be, but it is much more XHTML-friendly. The biggest issue that htmlarea3 presents is its use of <span style="...">. This isn't an issue for a single-user weblog, but for someone who allows use to anyone who might be "suspect" this is a huge security hole:

<a href="#"><span style="url(javascript:deleteAllFiles('now!');)">Click this benvolent link please</span></a>

That could get someone in trouble big time. Of course, they'd almost desire it if they're handing admin access to their weblog over to someone who they don't really know! :)

I'll keep everyone updated on it as it progresses...

10 Jan 13, 2004 00:41

don't worry about span... the real problem here would be style ;)

11 Jan 13, 2004 01:36

Yeah, I know... htmlarea3 relies on the <span style="..."> for almost all of its formatting and that's the rub :)

12 Jan 19, 2004 09:31

Sorry guys for so long delay, I was off with the tactical exercises for a week (primary job, you know... :) )

Well, as I've integrated htmlArea 3 and I'm using it for quite a while, I had to warn everyone before posting this announcement.

There are some problems with BBCODE and Quick tags. Besides, htmlAREA 3.0 does not output clean XHTML. This is downside. But you're getting powerfull image manager (htmlArea fork), table manager, etc. And the best thing is that you actually CAN use BBCODE and QUICKTAGS. Just switch to HTML mode while writing your post and insert tag by clicking apropriate button. And then back to WYSIWYG mode. That's it.

About my domain. Yah, it's still down. Because of the hardware problems (RAID controller failure). Hope to get back online today.

Cheers.

13 Aug 08, 2004 14:03

I'm resurrecting this thread because I was hoping to add HTMLArea3 to my b2evolution install - but the link to the instructions is dead. Can someone post those instructions here?

Thanks,
Scott

14 Aug 08, 2004 15:00

Hey Scott,

You might contact the guy over at MamboForge who's running HTMLArea3 XTD - I'd imagine he still has a copy of the original laying around or could point you in the right direction.

15 Aug 08, 2004 15:08

Hi Travis,

I do happen to have a copy of HTMLArea3, what I don't have are the instructions on how to install it/integrate it with b2evolution - so I'm not sure what to put where, and what code to add to which files to get it all working.

Scott

16 Sep 11, 2004 23:22

I tried to follow this posting, but Marius got married and his site is a MESS - LOL. I understand - got married too not too long ago. Does anyone have/used his code and can repost?

Thanks in advance!
MajorT

17 Sep 13, 2004 11:47

Hey people, hang up for a second and read all posts in this thread. I've already said, that htmlArea is obsolette and I don't have any reason to make this hack for public anymore. Why? Because it interfares with many native b2evolution features. I found it useless. Sorry for disapinting you.

19 Sep 14, 2004 09:20

What's so hard about using xhtml or bbcode or textile or something...? They're all included by default...

20 Sep 17, 2004 08:22

they lack the WYSIWYG feel.

htmlarea's image upload is very nice and allows you to access the directory of existing uploaded pics with thumbnail previews. that is a very nice feature.

22 Sep 17, 2004 16:03

where do i find instructions on how to install that

23 Sep 21, 2004 07:18

this is a very interesting thread

does fckEditor work well with b2evolution and if so is there a pointer to a small howto?

Form is loading...