Recent Topics

1 Nov 06, 2005 02:45    

Trying to get the category list apear as list separated by :: rather than the default check box stuff.

So I tried

$Item->categories( '#', '<div class=Date>' , '</div>', , , '<em>', '</em>,'::','htmlbody' )

And I get a 'Call to a member function on a non-object' error.

I am assuming that this is due to a require that should be occuring prior to the invocation... but I'll be jiggered if I can find what that should be.

And if you wanna real challenge, has to do with integrating MagpieRSS into this custom skin. Am getting the same error when I call the following code:

<?php
//This script puts news in the scrolling box on the left.  
require_once('rss_fetch.inc'); 

$newwisdom="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheNewWisdom";
$listlength="100";
$boxheight="320px";
$boxwidth="150px";
echo "<div style=\"unicode-bidi:bidi-override; direction:rtl; display:block; width:$boxwidth; height:$boxheight; overflow:auto; padding-left:10px; border:1px solid #ba8; \"><div dir=\"ltr\"><p>";

$rss = fetch_rss($newwisdom);
echo "<font face=\"arial,sans-serif\" size=1>\n";
echo "Site: ", $rss->channel['title'], "<br>\n";
foreach ($rss->items as $item ) {
        $title = $item[title];
        $url   = $item[link];
        echo "<a href=$url>$title</a></li><br>\n";
	echo $item[description]. "<BR><BR>\n";
}

echo "</font>\n";
echo "</p></div></div>";
?> 

This occurs at the first invocation of $rss->item.... this feels like the MagpieRSS item name is conflicting with the B3evo $Item.... but I can't be certain. But the code works on its own at http://www.thinkgoodthoughts.com/blogs/rss

2 Nov 06, 2005 09:22

This will stop your conflicts :-

foreach ($rss->items as $rss_item ) {
$title = $rss_item[title];
$url = $rss_item[link];
echo "<a href=$url>$title</a></li><br>\n";
echo $rss_item[description]. "<BR><BR>\n";
}

¥

3 Nov 08, 2005 03:46

This worked when I placed it lower in the page. But near the top, I got the same error.

Don't know what this says about me, but I take it very personally that this won't conform to my ever whim. :D

There is some sort of built-in conflict between MagpieRSS and B2Evo. I wish I had the time to track it down.... I think I'll just leave my news box where it works and hack on it another day.

Thanks so much for your thoughts on the matter.

Form is loading...