Recent Topics

1 Nov 08, 2005 15:41    

Hello,

I'm running my b2evolution (v.0.9.1) on a server.
As the time of the blogs should be displayed as EDT (New York) I've set the option time difference to -6.

If new posts are made the time for these posts is displayed correctly. However when just viewing the preview of a new post, the time shown is not correct.
[u]Example:[/u] I tried at 3:00 pm local time (Germany) and the time shown in the preview is 8:00 pm. Even if I set the time difference to 0 the time 8:00 pm is shown in the preview.

The website is currently only in an internal testing environment, so I'm not able to simply send you a link to it.

I'm running b2evolution on Linux (Debian Sarge) with Apache 2, PHP 4, MySQL 4.1.

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks and Kind regards

Thorsten

2 Nov 08, 2005 17:58

I was not able to replicate this problem. My server time is 2 hours earlier than my blog time, but the preview shows the correct blog time. Do you get this problem on every skin you have installed?

3 Nov 08, 2005 21:18

I've done some more checks and found that this issue only exists if the user level is below 5.
The reference manual specifies that only users with a level of 5 and above have the ability to edit timestamp on posts, however in my opinion this influences also the preview of posts which it shouldn't.

4 Nov 09, 2005 04:55

Yes, this would be a bug then and I'm happy you could reproduce this so exactly.

Could you please check this on the [url=http://demo.b2evolution.net]demo site[/url] both with 0.9.1 (where it should be buggy, too) and "Phoenix"?

I'll look into it then later.[/url]

5 Nov 09, 2005 20:10

I checked the demo for v.0.9.1 and this version has the same issue I reported.
With the development v.1.6-CVS I had difficulties to test the issue, because whenever I create a testuser and set the user level for this user to something below 5 I get the following message:

Parameter «item_issue_date» is required!

So in this case something else is stopping the testuser from viewing the preview. Saving works fine.

6 Nov 10, 2005 01:53

You've just found another bug with "Phoenix" then. Nice one ;)

I'll fix those in the next days.

Thank you.

IMHO it's ok with 0.9.1 to just ignore this bug, as it does no harm. It's just an "aestetical" issue.

7 Nov 11, 2005 13:22

I fully agree, its not urgent to fix this. Once a next update is planned this can be fixed.
Thank you.

Form is loading...