Recent Topics

1 Nov 14, 2005 16:15    

if i want to make an <a href> tag to tell the browser to open a new window, i could use the target attribute, as in <a href="" target="_blank" >.

however, what if, for some reason, i'm faced w/ a situation in which i can not use the <a href> tag for my "URL submission", but i still want that link to open a new browser page.

for example, in the b2ev blog, when adding a "linkblog" entry, the prompt allows the author to input the "link URL", which makes the link title the active hyperlink. since i can only enter the actual URL there, i'm unable to indicate that i want that to be target="_blank". do i have any options for adding some other code (jscript?) to the URL to "force" the browser into opening a new window when that URL is clicked, even though it will have no target attribute?

i wish to do this, because rarely do i want users to be directed completely away from my web site. currently, i see no other option for the LinkBlog configuration except to do just that-- send users away from the blog. of course the "back" button is always an option, but i'd rather just open a new window for the user, if i have the option to do that instead.

thanks!

3 Nov 15, 2005 01:35

thanks for the link to that info! it will prove most useful, i'm sure-- likely in applications other than b2ev when i find another use for it too. beautiful.

indeed, i'd venture to guess that the readers of my blog, although "private members" totalling 5 (including myself), might find difficulty in making it back after a few clicks off-site. call it "adult A.D.D.", call it inexperience. call it downright pathetic... hehe, but at least i'm trying to take precautions. ;)

Form is loading...