Recent Topics

1 Nov 24, 2005 16:26    

I have pretty simple question , I would like to replace the header of the evoskin with a Flash movie are there any consideration I should pay special attention to while doing it or perhaps there is existing temples or tutorial that could help me accomplish that. :roll:

2 Nov 24, 2005 17:04

It shouldn't be any different that any other type of editing a skin. The file you want to edit is /skins/the-skin-you-use/_main.php . It's well-commented, so you should find the header section with no problem.

3 Nov 29, 2005 17:00

headers are in the skins, for the skin that you are using (the default skin), do the following things:

Open up _main.php, in the skin folder in preferably dreamweaver, view the design, and you should see something similiar to your site layout.
Now click where the header should go, then click in the menu 'insert->media->flash' select your flash animation, then change the path of the flash animation to the path where it will be stored on your server (preferably something like 'blog/mymedia/header.swf') - make sure you do the full path.
Upload your changes to your server and hope that it works, if it doesnt keep trying and fidling with stuff until something works ;)

I wrote the above assuming you dont have any experience with php.

Form is loading...