Recent Topics

1 Dec 06, 2005 04:00    

When on my main page: http://carvedangel.net/blog/index.php?blog=2
the two columns look the way I want them to, but when I click to view comments or permalink, the righthand column moves over in Firefox and gets pushed down the page in IE. (In fact, now that I look at it in IE, I see a lot wrong I need to fix. Eep.) Anyway, how do I get my page to look the same in this mode as I do when it's in normal front page mode?

Also, there are bullets next to the months in my archive list. How do I get rid of them?

Thanks!

2 Dec 06, 2005 04:12

Heck, while I'm at it, I might as well ask why transparency works in Firefox but not IE, when I used the same darn code on a different website and it worked just fine... Here's the code I'm using:

filter:alpha(opacity=60);
-moz-opacity:.60;
opacity:.60;

3 Dec 06, 2005 10:43

for the alpha i don't see why that doesnt work i use transparencies in my skin.

Try just having "filter:alpha(opacity=60); " and if that dont work try having it directly in the div layer, so <div style="filter:alpha(opacity=60); ">
My guess is that you are overiding the transparency, or IE is ignoring it for some reason (IE does not support l33t CSS)

As for the rest, y dont you use tables, and merged cells?
I will only use divs if necessary.
Yer i just don't see why you would use divs for a layout that looks like a table.

So my answer USE TABLES ;)

4 Dec 06, 2005 21:10

Okay, even if I decide to use tables, I'd still like to know why my columns are doing that. Is there a way to tweak the layout on that page the way I did on the main one?

Form is loading...