Recent Topics

1 Dec 19, 2005 03:58    

Hi, I have Dawn working fine, everything is ok, but the plain skin is not working.

I installed the clean skin, and it works fine, with all other skins it work, but with Plain it says:

Please, do not access this page directly.

I'm using spanish as default language, but in english it doesn't work too.

Thanks.

2 Dec 19, 2005 04:18

Are the skins backwards compatible? It's possible that the Plain skin you downloaded has been updated for the Phoenix release (Dawn is not the latest release and the skin files are different) and maybe that's why there would be an error?

Just a guess.

3 Dec 19, 2005 04:27

Nate wrote:

Are the skins backwards compatible? It's possible that the Plain skin you downloaded has been updated for the Phoenix release (Dawn is not the latest release and the skin files are different) and maybe that's why there would be an error?

Just a guess.

That is the problem, it is for 1.6, thanks.

4 Dec 19, 2005 04:30

It is possible to find a previous version of the skin?

In the skin download area there is a Prevoius Version area, but it is the same link/file.

5 Dec 19, 2005 05:16

leorada wrote:

It is possible to find a previous version of the skin?

In the skin download area there is a Prevoius Version area, but it is the same link/file.

I got the old version, now it is working.

Thanks.

7 Dec 19, 2005 22:31

You must use the version of the skin for the version of b2evo that you are running.
If your running 1.6 you need a 1.6 compatiable skin, if your running 0.9 you a need a 0.9 compatiable skin.

If the skin you are running is the version it says it is and it doesnt work.
Look for this inside the skins _main.php file (0.9 code):

if( !defined('DB_USER') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

Or this (1.6 Code):

if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

And replace the found code with the opposite code.
This is not recomended!

Instead do what i said above, and make sure that you downloaded the skin for the correct version.

8 Dec 19, 2005 23:12

The link to download the 0.9 version of this skin actually provides the 1.6 version of the skin instead. I did try out your suggestion as far as replacing EVO_MAIN_INIT with DB_USER, but I got:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: request_title() in /home/pperalta/public_html/blogs/skins/plain/_main.php on line 12

Perhaps the 0.9 version of this skin is out there somewhere? If not, then perhaps I can upgrade to 1.6...

Thanks!
Patrick

Form is loading...