Recent Topics

1 Jan 12, 2006 22:37    

hello,

I really like the skins found on sites such as www.brendoman.com (it's a b2evo blog for sure) and shinyshiny.tv (not sure what blogging system that site has). How can i convert one of the existing skins into 3 columns without breaking it? I have some very basic editing skills but I'm not sure the way to approach this. Or if someone could make something a lot like one of the 2 above that would be spiffy :)

thanks much!
godinu

2 Jan 12, 2006 22:40

I'm an admin at brendoman.com. I can just give you the code for the skin if you want. I also have a three column version of the Plain skin, too. It's possible to convert a skin from two to three columns. Depending on how the 2-column skin is put together, it can take more or less trial and error to get it converted. You would just need to read up on CSS, then start experimenting.

3 Jan 13, 2006 03:13

personman, i would LOVE to have the code for that skin, as long as it's ok with the site owner. I would change it to my own colorschemes and tweak it a bit once i got things up and running
I really like b2evolution but am as new to this as i am to CSS. So far so good though :)

thanks much.

4 Jan 13, 2006 03:19

http://brendoman.com/b2e/skins/brendoskin.zip

It would be cool if you include a link back to brendoman.com somewhere on your site, but it's not mandatory. I'll be the first to tell you that this code isn't exactly clean, but I hope you can get some good out of it.

5 Jan 13, 2006 04:27

thanks much personman. (personman as in TMBG's personman? :))

I'll put up a linkback once I play around with the skin a little bit; it's the least i could do. 3-column blogs seem ideal since there's plenty of room for ads and linkage that way. I like the flow better this way as well.

thanks again!

6 Jan 13, 2006 18:52

Can you tell me where in your skin the issue of column placement is addressed? I want to move the two skinny columns next to each other so they are on the right - so, wide/post column, then one skinny column, then another skinny column.

Thanks a whole bunch in advance!

Jess

7 Jan 13, 2006 18:56

I didn't design the site, but I'm sure it's handled in the CSS.

8 Jan 13, 2006 19:29

Thanks - found it! :)

9 Jan 13, 2006 22:26

Here is a really weird thing that I haven't encountered before.

If you go to where I am playing with modifying this skin, http://jessweiss.com/blog/index.php?blog=2

you will see that in the first skinny column, it looks like it is cut off. But if you hover over one of the blog links at the top of that column, it then displays the rest... (top referrers, syndication info, etc.)

Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks again - really appreciate it!

Form is loading...