Recent Topics

1 Feb 08, 2006 14:53    

One of my bloggers has created multiple sub categories. They don't align in a row as others do and are scattered under the blog title. I thought I did something wrong as I have reconfigured the default skin. That's not the case, because whatever this user has done appears weird no matter what skin is used!

Suggestions on how to fix the problem are appriciated. You may view what I'm talking about at www.cooking-blogs.com

Thanks,

JJV

2 Feb 09, 2006 05:56

Are you talking about the (sub)categories that include the titles:

•Baking (0) •Artisan Breads (0)
•Theory (0) •Cakes (0)
•Ingredients (0)

•Foodie Philosophy (1)
•Indian Delights (0) •Sweets (0)

?

If you look at the source code around those categories, some of them have break-tags <br> and some don't. The ones that don't are the ones that show up two per line.

If you edit your _categories.php file to make the categories display in a list <li> instead of separated by line breaks <br> that will most likely solve the problem.

jj.

3 Feb 09, 2006 21:41

Hi,

I've tried it but alas it didn't work. What's even stranger is that if you choose another skin there is no telling how this grouping of sub categories will appear. Some skins show them as very small font, bold and mis-aligned all mixed up with in the same skin.

I'm including the code from my category file for any suggestions.

Do you think the blogger added tabs and or spaces in front or after the category names when they created them using the create category tab? Is there a folder on the server where I might check on this?

Thanks again,

John V.

# You can customize the following as you wish:

if(!isset($cat_all)) $cat_all = /* TRANS: All categories, skin's categories list */ T_('All'); // Set to empty to hide

# global category list delimiters:

if(!isset($cat_main_start)) $cat_main_start = '';

if(!isset($cat_main_end)) $cat_main_end = '';

# Category delimiters:

if(!isset($cat_line_start)) $cat_line_start = '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•';

if(!isset($cat_line_end)) $cat_line_end = '<br>';

if(!isset($cat_line_checkbox)) $cat_line_checkbox = false;

# Category group delimiters:

if(!isset($cat_group_start)) $cat_group_start = '';

if(!isset($cat_group_end)) $cat_group_end = '';

# When multiple blogs are listed on same page:

if(!isset($cat_blog_start)) $cat_blog_start = '<b>*';