Recent Topics

1 Mar 29, 2006 19:05    

Hi. Thank you for b2evo.

Background: Novell iChain is a proxy, url rewriter and single sign-on 'accelerator'. Once a user is logged on to any of the accelerated applications (websites), it can send HTTP headers with authentication details to that app and any other applications.

However, following could possibly be integrated with other technologies.

Would you, please, consider adding a new event (called e.g.AlternativeAuthentication) which would be invoked from blogs/inc/VIEW/login/_login_form.php (or somewhere earlier). This event would handle possible other types of authentication than user-filled form. So, it would probably effect similarly to LoginAttempt. It could return TRUE if it let user in, FALSE otherwise - then b2evo could go to render the login form. The even handler wouldn't get any parameters - it would use superglobals such as $_SERVER.

And, any ideas when 1.7 could become Alpha/Beta, please?

2 Mar 29, 2006 23:48

Sounds good to me.

But the event would have to set the user - probably through $Session->set_user_ID() or $Session->set_User().

I think we should trigger the event in an else block after the "regular"/existing login procedure and if the first plugin returned true, see if $Session now has an user attached which then would become $current_User.

Does this sound reasonable?

3 May 05, 2006 21:01

Just for info: I've added the AlternateAuthentication event for 1.8.

Form is loading...