Recent Topics

1 Apr 15, 2006 20:42    

Hello,

My problem is that the skin won't show up. The blog shows up, in all of it's html glory, but not the skin.

Although, when I click on one of the skin options, it automatically shows it. It just doesn't come up when you first connect to the blog...

http://a-lely.net

2 Apr 15, 2006 21:34

What a trip. It's like it just doesn't do styles unless the link to a skin is specifically selected. Even after selecting a skin it gives up on it after following a link.

Okay here's what I would do if I was you. Replace everything.

Start by grabbing your conf/_config.php file (if you don't already have a local copy), then delete all the files from your server space. Next get a fresh copy of the package from the downloads page and unzip it on your local machine. Edit the new conf/_config.php file and put in the groovy stuff from your old one. Database connection info, baseurl, admin email ID, and "config is done" gets set to 1. Upload the shiny new stuff where all the crappy junked up old stuff was. Don't just over-write it - delete then upload.

Then delete the new install folder as you won't be needing it.

Now see if your blog is working.

The thing is sometimes a file can get corrupted in some weird freaky way that makes totally crazy symptoms - like what you have. The easiest solution is to totally destroy all the files and start fresh. And don't sweat your database. IT is not the cause, so leave it be and get new files to talk to your database.

Good luck.

3 Apr 15, 2006 23:49

Have you set a default blog in admin - settings?

Form is loading...