Recent Topics

1 May 07, 2006 01:15    

Today I grabbed the latest snapshot and did a clean install. Everything worked fine. Using that same code I did an upgrade install with a database from 0.9.1. Then, when I go to the Files tab, I get this:

Fatal: $FileRoot is no object!

2 May 08, 2006 16:18

I was able to work around this by switching to user directories. Blog directories still don't work, but this is good enough for now.

3 May 08, 2006 17:20

I've fixed the error you've experienced, but it would display "You have no access to any file root" now - if user directories were still disabled.

Have you checked media permissions for the blog(s)?

On upgrade, it should add perms for the Administrator Group to all blogs.

4 May 08, 2006 17:39

I didn't know about the new permission settings. I feel a bit silly now. Yes, when I gave myself permission to upload and view media files for that blog it works in Blog mode. It seems like those permissions should be generated from the other permissions. If a user has permission to edit a blog, he should be able to put files in the media folder for that blog. Or, if not, the default should be to have user directories enabled. Otherwise we'll see this same question again and again.

5 May 08, 2006 17:59

You are right.

If a user has permission to edit a blog, he should be able to put files in the media folder for that blog.

I guess this might be a good compromise.

François?

6 May 22, 2006 00:00

Phew... and I thought I was going crazy. hehehehe
I'm having the same problem here... Using the Phoenix version.

Form is loading...