Recent Topics

1 May 09, 2006 14:30    

This is for version: 0.9.1 "Dawn" 2005-09-16

No idea if it works on other versions.

So i was looking for an easy way to add flash to my posts, as mine will be mainly a flash blog it was very important.

You need to update 2 files. I recommend making backups in case it doesn't work for you.

I am posting my files so if you have made any other modifications, you need to find the changes. If you need help, just ask

1. The html validation file (in conf/_formatting.php)

2. The php file that adds the buttons to write entry screen (plugins/toolbars/_quicktags.toolbar.php)

I haven't tested it extensively, but it works in internet explorer and firefox in windows.

the hotkey is alt-f to insert flash.

2 May 09, 2006 14:35

Thats mighty cool of you Ron -- not only have you provided something I am sure people will find most useful, but you've made me feel great about adding the ability to do attachments!!

Hats off!!

3 May 09, 2006 14:39

it makes sense for the attachmentrs, i was trying to post the code in either the code or php tags, but it converts the text "=>" that is in the formatting.php into an arrow.
8|

4 May 09, 2006 14:42

Heppy, what version are you running this on?

5 May 09, 2006 14:48

heppy wrote:

...i was trying to post the code in either the code or php tags, but it converts the text "=>" that is in the formatting.php into an arrow.
8|

yah, its best to disable smileys (its one of the options when you create a post) for any posts youre going to put code snippits in, that fixes it, just in case you decide to share something else :)

6 May 09, 2006 14:58

John wrote:

Heppy, what version are you running this on?

0.9.1 "Dawn" 2005-09-16

7 May 09, 2006 15:09

Works a treat Heppy, I havn't noticed any issue with other stuff, the page validates, so thanks.

8 May 09, 2006 15:18

John wrote:

Works a treat Heppy, I havn't noticed any issue with other stuff, the page validates, so thanks.

Cool, let me know if you discover any bugs.

9 Aug 13, 2006 14:57

Just converted this to 1.8 beta...
Will post it here after I crash test the thing a bit more.

10 Aug 24, 2006 01:24

Hey how do you get flash skins to work with this hack? like play/pause rewind feature if you use one of flash's default skins like ArticExternalAll.swf?

11 Oct 03, 2006 14:39

John wrote:

Just converted this to 1.8 beta...
Will post it here after I crash test the thing a bit more.

John, any luck getting this to work in serenity?

every time i edit the _formatting.php and try and load any page in the blog it gives me just: Do not access this page directly

any ideas?

12 Oct 03, 2006 14:57

Yep...works fine though I got a bit lost in the _formatting.php for a while.

The error your getting appears to be because you are using the previous _formatting.php.
You have to edit the latest.

I will post the files here as soon as possible

Working example is at
http://wow-factor.com/index.php/flash_plugin_test

13 Oct 03, 2006 15:20

Updated for B2 1.8 and works with 1.8.2

Please make sure you back up your files as the only science I used with this was "suck it and see" but it has survived B2 upgrades and still works :)
It is simply a transfer of the work by heppy
Working example: http://wow-factor.com/index.php/flash_plugin_test
Files edited:
conf/_formatting.php
and
plugins/_quicktags.plugin.php

14 Oct 03, 2006 16:56

well done!

i actually got it working, i was uploading from the wrong directory, so kept putting up the old file! stupido!

Nice collection of links by the way John!

15 Nov 30, 2006 03:21

Updated this hack for B2Evo 1.9.0 beta

NOTE: this is version specific so if you are not upgrading to 1.9 give it a miss.

Please back up your original files before doing anything.

16 Feb 09, 2007 03:54

You are a genius and my new hero. Thank you! for this.

17 May 06, 2007 16:23

Any chance of a version of this for the most updated version of B2Evolution and the ability to add flashvars?

Thanks

18 May 06, 2007 16:40

I've had a look and it's a real different ball game.

When I get it sorted I'll post it here :)

19 May 08, 2007 15:14

Flash Button hack for b2evo v1.10 Miami
This hack places a Flash button in your posting screen tool bar.
It generates a Flash embed as per Heppy's original post...
EG:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://yoursite.com/your.swf" width="300" height="40"><param name="movie" value="http://youtsite.com/your.swf"></param></object>

NOTE: Please backup your Original Files
This is a first run hack of the new _quicktags.plugin.php file and could contain errors.
I have tested it on my own site but advise that you use at your own risk.

The files effected are:
1. conf->formatting.php
2. plugins->_quicktags.plugin.php

Any suggestions/corrections etc welcomed
Also I have edited the "img" button so that it prompts for a "class" input

20 May 08, 2007 15:41

You'd be better off hacking the video plugin, then all your hacks can be contained in one file ;)

¥

22 May 11, 2007 13:55

Can you use flashvars with this hack?

23 May 11, 2007 14:44

Mr Brainz wrote:

Can you use flashvars with this hack?

This is a pretty basic tweak that generates nothing more that what's quoted in the recent update post.
You can pull in any Flash to a post by using the <object> tag to embed an html file
EG: http://wow-factor.com/index.php/flash_photo_browser_test
though I still haven't tweaked it to get past all of the IE issues yet.

24 Jun 14, 2007 08:58

Beg, beg .... HELP!!! :roll:

I'm pretty new to b2evolution, but not a real newbie to forums etc.

This has got me beat though! I've tried using this with v1.9.3 and have now tried it with v1.10.2 - same result.

It initially appears to be working and actually puts the .swf in box where you type your post. BUT, it simply won't appear in either the preview or when you post.

If anyone can help, that would be great!!!

25 Jun 16, 2007 22:53

Me again! B) Just noticed that when I hover over the Flash button, it says "undefined".

If anyone can help in getting this to function with v1.10.2 that would be great. :p

Thanks.

26 Jul 11, 2007 21:55

I'm on 1.10 miami

Same thing here... "undefined" then after entering the url and the height and weight (is there a format for these?) it just doesnt do shit.

27 Jul 12, 2007 00:18

Oops... you guys should have a look if you really are on miami... thought I was, but 10.2 "stable" isn't 10.0 Miami "beta"...

Works ok now.

28 Jul 15, 2007 08:35

Hi,

I´m running B2Evo 1.9.2 using the flash_hack_1.9.zip for B2Evo 1.9.0 beta. For Firefox 2.0.0.4 it´s working fine, but with IE6 there is only white space instead of the swf-file.

Can anybody help me, how to get this working for Firefox and the Internet Explorer, because many people still use this crappy browser as a standard... even myself at work :lol:

I´ve tried using the CFlash plugin as well with acceptable results for Firefox and IE in regards of showing the swf-file, but with an error-message concerning the background-color...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Daniel

29 Jul 17, 2007 06:40

Ok, my fault... after examine the code I have found the problem and solved it... I wanted to change the "movie" into something individual... and Firefox hadn´t any problem with it... but IE so I changed it back...

Form is loading...