Recent Topics

1 May 23, 2006 05:58    

I recently set up my b2 tool to allow groups of users to blog respectively.
In the process, each member that is using the tool is requesting a different skin for their blog.

One of my members is looking to use the 'wpc_mars-spirit' skin on his blog, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the site.

Can anyone point me in the proper direction to download this skin?

3 May 23, 2006 18:41

Thanks for the help Personman.
Yea, I got it uploaded to my server, and now I'm enocuntering a problem...

Categories:
Warning: main(/home/wwwtheco/public_html/blogs/skins/_categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwtheco/public_html/blogs/skins/wpc_mars-spirit/_categories.php on line 31

Warning: main(/home/wwwtheco/public_html/blogs/skins/_categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwtheco/public_html/blogs/skins/wpc_mars-spirit/_categories.php on line 31

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/wwwtheco/public_html/blogs/skins/_categories.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wwwtheco/public_html/blogs/skins/wpc_mars-spirit/_categories.php on line 31

Here's what my line 31 looks like...

require get_path('skins').'/_categories.php';

I guess I'm confused.
It's the same as one of the other WP style sheets I converted to an evoskin, and the other one I converted appears to be working fine.

4 May 23, 2006 18:44

Make sure the _categories file is there and has the right permissions set. Can you give a link to your skins directory so I can take a look?

5 May 23, 2006 18:57

From what I can tell, the permissions are set correctly.
http://www.thecodemasons.net/blogs/skins/

On another note, the skin that I previously had working before putting mars-spirit on my server is now having the same problem with the _categories.php file.

*Scratch that, every single one of my skins isn't working now.
All of my blogs are popping up with an error that is similar to what I originally posted about the mars-spirit one.

6 May 24, 2006 01:28

You're missing files from your skins directory. Not skins/skinname, but skins itself. For example you don't have skins/_categories.php anymore. As a rule, the way it works is skins/skinname/_main.php has a call to (for example) skins/skinname/_categories.php. That file will set up some basic (mostly cosmetic) details about how to display your categories, then will call skins/_categories.php. This final file will do the actual mechanics of making the categories display. Display in the manner that skins/skinname/_categories.php told it to and in the location (and manner) that skins/skinname/_main.php told it to.

Thus you've got to grab a zip of the version you're running and find all the files you're missing from your skins folder and upload them to your server.

7 May 24, 2006 03:44

Gotcha, thanks for the help Ed.

Form is loading...