Recent Topics

1 Jun 02, 2006 06:31    

Back again with a few new questions.

I've been doing some skin modifying as of late for my bloggers, and have been fairly happy with the results thus far, save for a problem I ran into today.

This is the problem...
(edit by whoo)click here ->
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1373/untitled2qe.jpg

My sidebars seem to be shifting over when viewed in IE, but look perfectly fine when viewed in Firefox.

Any ideas on what might be happening, or what I may need to fix?

(also, that is a modified version of the wpc_harbor theme)

2 Jun 04, 2006 11:59

Try removing the red bit from this piece of css
#menu {
width: 170px;
margin-left: -200px;
float: right;
text-align: left;
}

¥

4 Jun 08, 2006 22:00

I opened up IE (which I hope you appreciate) and visited your page. I did not see a sidebar shifting, so I would suggest you clear your cache OR just do a "control reload" to force IE to re-read your css file. I even went to 800 by 600 resolution just in case that was part of the issue and still see a sidebar alongside the main body. Blogs 6 and 9 show the sidebar overlapping the main content, so I guess I should point out that I'm (very rarely and only when someone asks) using IE version 6.0.2900.blah.blah.blah. How many dots can they add without exhausting the world's supply I wonder?

Anyway clear your cache or force a complete page reload and see what you get.

5 Jun 09, 2006 15:52

Thanks Ed, and don't worry, I greatly appreciate you opening IE. I can't stand using it myself either, but one of my bloggers just doesn't want to change to Firefox...

Anyway, I've cleared my IE cache, as well as forced a new page reload, and I'm still coming up with the problem of the sidebar overlapping the main content.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Cil3r/Codemasons%20Stuff/NamBlog.png
That's the most recent updated screen of the situation.

When I'm at home, it only appears to be the sidebar, but when I'm here at work, it appears to be the sidebar and the main image.

6 Jun 11, 2006 11:24

This would appear to be cured?

¥

7 Jun 13, 2006 01:59

It appears so Yabba, but I need to make sure that my blogger is seeing the image properly.

I'll post back either tonight or tomorrow and let everyone know.

Form is loading...