Recent Topics

1 Jun 03, 2006 10:34    

Hi there,

(I hadn't wrote here for so long!), when I try to ban a domain by clicking on the red "cross" (I don't know the exact english term for it) in a comment, it loads the "CONFIRM BAN & DELETE" page, with all comments by the same domain listed down below (VERY USEFUL, thanks). BUT, when I push the "ok" button to let b2 delete all of them it shows me this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.silenzi.com/home/evocore/_misc.funcs.php on line 693

wtf does it mean? What's wrong with that line?

Please help me, since it is very useful feature I extremely need!

Thank you,

Francesco

2 Jun 03, 2006 11:01

Welcome back! What version are you running? Your source code doesn't show it, your error message implies it is 1.6 or 1.7CVS, but you have "Referer Recenti" displayed - something that is no longer part of b2evolution.

3 Jun 03, 2006 11:20

Hi EdB, glad to see you again... I missed you all! (fuckin' connection problems lasted over 6 months, I sued the provider and I'm still with 56k, waiting for an ADSL 4mbit).

I'm running Phoenix 1.6 alpha, the one I installed months ago, and - as I'm as slow as tortoise can be - I can't install the newer 1.7.

About Referers, I must remove them out of the blog, since I have many things to do in my days rather than washing spammers out of my silenzi.com :D

(a little gossip: do you know when a stable Phoenix release will be out, and if it'll have a wysiwyg text editor?)

5 Jun 03, 2006 11:34

1.7 will never happen, and no one knows when the next (theoretically stable) release will happen. The reason I asked about either 1.6 or 1.7CVS is those are the only times the "evocore" folder existed as far as I know. It was "b2evocore" back in the old days, and "I'm-not-sure-what" in the future. As to a WYSISYG editor: I've no idea but right now it looks like 'no'.

Back to your issue: first I'm going to move this to [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewforum.php?f=35]the forum for 1.* issues[/url], and sorry but I've no answer for you. It is possible the issue has already been identified and resolved, but I don't recall hearing of it before.

I use a version of 1.7CVS for my blog but since I get no comment spam I've never tried to ban a comment and see if it works. How about making a deletable comment on my blog so I can see if I can delete/ban/report you? Don't worry - since I'm an antispam admininstrator I'll delete my own report ;)

6 Jun 03, 2006 11:39

lmao, I just made a deletable comment on your blog and got a tasteful bit of ascii art :p

¥

7 Jun 03, 2006 12:03

hi there (Hi Yabba!!!),

just tried to untick "report to b2" and it results in a "403 - Forbidden - please stop referer spam".
The same message I get if I try only to delete the message, by unticking also the "blacklist locally" option.
I think it's something odd :)

8 Jun 03, 2006 12:34

AH!

I think this is a known problem. Try again and notice the URL in your address bar each time. See if the domain name of the spammer is there. If it is, and if it happens to be something in an antispam update you recieved, then this is a known bug. What happens is that in 1.6 b2evolution would tell YOU that you are spamming YOURSELF because a term in the antispam list is part of the URL you are using to report it.

Silly bug!!!

There are a few different ways to see this bug happen. In this case I suspect you'll see that part of the URL is already in your antispam table. The only recourse that I can think of is to un-ban the keyword in your antispam table (using the 'filter' feature), then ban and delete and report the spammer.

9 Jun 03, 2006 12:39

Now that one at least is a known bug (which afaik has already been cured in 1.8).

One way round it is to temporarily neuter the antispam check whilst you're doing all your deleting, comment this line out :-

evocore/_hit.class.php (approx line 254 )

require dirname(__FILE__).'/_referer_spam.page.php';	// error & exit

¥

11 Jun 03, 2006 13:01

Sadly I know of no convenient cure for this. About the best thing I can offer is to not get the latest update until after you've banned whatever is spamming you. Oh and ¥åßßå is correct: this has been cured in 1.8CVS but (AFAIK) no 'fix' has been made publicly available - other than the method ¥åßßå just mentioned.

Sorry :(

12 Jun 03, 2006 14:13

Ok, thank you guys for the usual, precise suggestions. You rock!

Pfff... I really want a wysiwyg text editor in 1.8 :°°°° I could even really pay for it... I use it in several forums, and I believe it is one of the most important features in every blog platform!
Ok, now I stop my complaining that ,among other things, is OT :)

Thank you guys!

14 Jun 30, 2006 19:14

I'm getting the 403 referrer spam error too so I think I may look at the 1.8cvs.

15 Jul 09, 2006 01:32

Good grief...now I'm getting 403 access denied on my OTHER blog. I don't have a evocore/_hit.class.php file and my folder is b2evocore. THis blog is not 1.6 but the previous stable version.

www.foreverpurple.com

Form is loading...