Recent Topics

1 Jun 26, 2006 06:52    

I tried to upgrade from 1.6 Alpha to 1.8

After upgraded my screen become blank....and the I change the setting of locale_php from 2 become 1. I can see my blog again.

The other problem is when I tried to logout, There was a messege
" Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /htsrv/login.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.24jam.info Port 80"

I tried to logout from admin area, It success.

Then I tried to login, there was a messege
"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /htsrv/login.php could not be found on this server.

I typed http://24jam.info/admin.php.....I can login

I tried to click profile, there was amessege
"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

I tried to click register, there was a messege
"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /htsrv/register.php could not be found on this server.

Could anybody help what must I do?
or can I back to 1.6 again?

Thank you

2 Jun 26, 2006 09:19

For starters.
There is no official download for 1.8 yet.
That means you got it from CVS.
That also means, that we can't guarentie the stability of it.
Upgrading a site to 1.8 is even more tricky.

So you can go back to 1.6 by just deleting everything and putting back your backupfiles and backup database... (And I do hope for you you made a backup !)

3 Jun 27, 2006 16:57

Yes, i get 1.8 from CVS

I checked again, It was seem server problem. I tried to install to other server and going well.

The server admin said maybe that was a security problem..

thank btw...

4 Jun 29, 2006 15:24

I got other problem after install 1.8

The messege"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_variables() in /home/andalas/public_html/inc/MODEL/settings/_locale.funcs.php on line 176 ".

Could any body help?
Thanks

5 Jun 29, 2006 19:18

There's no nice way to say this, so I'll be blunt

1.8cvs is constantly being updated as it's the very latest version of the code base as it's being developed. If you can't cure errors and do all sorts of stuff to keep your database intact then you shouldn't be installing it.

Because of this it's a totally unsuported version, and this forum exists for people to report problems that they have found in it, not for helping people who have a problem with installing/using it.

¥

6 Jun 29, 2006 23:05

yosemirza, take a look at my topic here;
http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=8203

And database curruption would be quite hard in v1.8 releases, unless the developers really screwed something up.
But yeh, think of using cvs builds as beta testing, you "shouldn't" beta test something for general use, but so you can help in the projects development, e.g. submit bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, critism, etc.

7 Jun 30, 2006 04:27

Thank you

That error messege appear when I set _locale.php "

/**
* Enable localization?
* Set to 0 to disable localization.
* Set to 1 to enable gettext localization if supported (not recommended).
* Note: you will have to compile the .po files with msgfmt before this will work.
* Also, the locale information has to be available on the system ("locale -a" with Unix)
* Set to 2 to enable b2evo advanced localization (recommended).
* @global integer
*/
$use_l10n = 2;

When I change to " $use_l10n = 0; " or " $use_l10n = 1; " that error messege gone and I can see my blog.

I set two blog with 1.8 from CVS

1. www.i-en-ai.com with that setting ( $use_l10n = 2; ), It worked well
2. www. andalas.biz with the setting ( $use_l10n = 2; ) didn't worked, but with ( $use_l10n = 0; or $use_l10n = 1; ) worked

I hosted domain number 1 at BLUEHOST and number 2 at locat hosting ANDALAN.NET

8 Jul 01, 2006 00:59

I've just abstracted the charset conversation, so it should not fail loudly, if the mbstrings extension isn't installed.

It may take some hours, until anonymous CVS catches up, but please test it again then.

Form is loading...