Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2006 23:00    

The star rating system on the b2evo Plugin Directory (http://plugins.b2evolution.net/) looks like exactly what I've been looking for in a voting system that will work with 1.8. Anyone know where I can find it so that I can use it on my site?

3 Jul 15, 2006 00:17

Awesome, thanks for posting that.

What do I need to edit so that only the stars are displayed, and not the other stats?

4 Jul 15, 2006 02:21

Just search _starrating.plugin.php and you'll find the three spots that add the text. Comment it out.

5 Aug 27, 2006 16:12

Personman, i'm developing my own digg/rating plugin.

Would i be able to get 'in' on what you've done so far with yours?

7 Oct 15, 2006 16:27

This plugin looks great. Ajax is just so impressive. It's almost, but not quite what I need for my [url=http://www.mattandcat.co.uk]restaurant review site[/url]. I'm after a way of displaying our own ratings of restaurants, rather than users ratings of posts. So the rating is done by the editor and is read-only (maybe if we really take off I'll introduce reader's evaluations too, for which this plugin is admirably suited). Also, ideally, a suitable list in the sidebar with a category for '5*', 4*' etc.

I'd been looking at tweaking the native categories.plugin to do this, and, to be frank, thinking it was beyond me, but can you suggest whether or not it would be easy enough to install this spiffy plugin and then adapt it to that much more mundane task? If not, I guess you can take this as a request for a new plugin.

8 Dec 11, 2006 22:28

Ok, I was wrong. There are more notices. Notices are not errors and the plugin works fine if you turn off notices. Add this in /conf/_basic_config.php:

error_reporting(4);

That will still show errors and warnings, but notices will not be shown. I'll get the notices fixed, but it's going to take a little time, so this will work for now. I wouldn't recommend running a production site with notices turned on, anyway.

9 Dec 11, 2006 23:20

@personman

This issue with notices also comes up with your "Democracy" plugin on 1.9.1
some examples....

Notice: Undefined index: display in /home/blahblah/plugins/democracy_plugin/_democracy.plugin.php on line 418

Notice: Undefined variable: poll_id in /home/blahblah/plugins/democracy_plugin/_democracy.plugin.php on line 438

Notice: Undefined index: jal_no_js in /home/blahblah/plugins/democracy_plugin/_democracy.plugin.php on line 442

11 Dec 12, 2006 00:59

Thanks Yabba, I'll load that up and report back

12 Nov 12, 2007 18:53

balupton wrote:

Personman, i'm developing my own digg/rating plugin.

Would i be able to get 'in' on what you've done so far with yours?

Is your plugin ready? I could be interested in change some ideas with you. Mine is ready and I will give you the code if we could arrange a settlement.

13 Nov 22, 2007 23:56

is there a way to vote by cookie instead of IP so that every member will be able to vote once ??

Form is loading...