Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2006 20:50    

How about a plugin to allow commenters to preview their comments?

:|

3 Jul 20, 2006 00:43

IC, too bad preview doesn't render tags...kinda makes preview err...a...um...not a preview. :roll:

I had some hack or plugin for 1.6 that allowed tags like <blockquote> in comments. I wonder if anyone has a plugin or hack for 1.8 for this.

4 Jul 20, 2006 00:56

Did you test it at the demo site? I just previewed a comment with blockquote, strong and em and they all worked fine.

5 Jul 20, 2006 01:42

Well, no. I tested it on a summer beta installation.

I am not sure myself what version (CVS or beta) the demo site runs.

Perhaps I just need a re-install.

6 Jul 20, 2006 01:45

The page I linked to above is 1.8 summer beta. The demo site runs several versions, but I linked to that one. If your site is not having the same results, then it may be your skin. Try it on the default Custom skin and it should work just like the demo. If you've upgraded skins from earlier versions, then you may not have got the right parts put in for this. I've found that so much changed in the _feedback.php file, that it's best to delete your old one, copy in the one from /skins/custom/ and redo any changes you need.

7 Jul 20, 2006 01:49

The demo site runs several version, which you can choose from on the main page (http://demo.b2evolution.net/).

The link above is to the "stable" release, which is 1.8.0 (downloaded from SourceForge).

There's also v-1-8 (CVS, will become 1.8.1), CVS HEAD and v-9 CVS (obsolete).

Except from the stable variant, all get updated once per hour from CVS.

8 Jul 20, 2006 01:50

that it's best to delete your old one, copy in the one from /skins/custom/ and redo any changes you need.

...if you really need changes there! If not, simply require the /skins/_feedback.php file.

9 Jul 20, 2006 03:48

Thanks...I found the $comment_allowed_tags in _feedback.php, and found it in _formatting.php. I guess I can make any changes, if I need to, from there.

Is there a quick way to make tags render in the preview? Or is that in there, and not working on my install?

:-/

10 Jul 20, 2006 14:27

Can you give your url and I'll take a look at your site? I know that it works in a clean install.

13 Jul 20, 2006 17:34

Must have been a hiccup in my browser or something.

Thanks for looking. :-/

Form is loading...