Recent Topics

1 Jul 30, 2006 22:16    

I went through the upgrade process from 1.6 to 1.8(to the best of my knowledge) and have some how created a catastropohy.

On any page i try to access i get an error message. ie normally i would go to
www.ajourneyforyouth.com/blog_page/admin/index.php to access the admin portion and post. now when i go to that url i get

Warning: main(/home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/admin/_main.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/admin/_header.php on line 17

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/admin/_main.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/admin/_header.php on line 17

I have to access the admin section by going to the history section of my browser and selecting one of the install links visted and it redirects.

The second problem i'm hhaving is nomatter what skin i apply to the blog i get an error. The error for my current skin is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: permalink() in /home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/skins/Uneven/_main.php on line 161

The error changes based on what skin i have attached to the blog

Someone please help if you have any ideas

2 Jul 30, 2006 22:28

all errors have something to do with "call to undifined function: permalink()" they vary as to which line they occure on but they all have this in common

3 Jul 30, 2006 23:31

Thats all because that function does no longer exist in 1.8

You have to use this instead :

<?php $Item->permanent_link( '#icon#' ); ?>

4 Jul 30, 2006 23:34

ok, so i need to search all sourcecode in the blog for "x" and replace it with that bit of code?

What do i search for and replace?

5 Jul 30, 2006 23:42

The first error is because of you still have the /admin/ folder and access it, but it's only admin.php now for accessing the backoffice.
You should/could delete the admin folder.

6 Jul 30, 2006 23:42

Well in your _main.php file you look for permalink(); and you change it by $Item->permanent_link( '#icon#' );

Normally that should be only in 1 (maximum 2) places (per skin)

7 Jul 30, 2006 23:48

well that yeilded this :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/skins/Uneven/_main.php on line 161

8 Jul 30, 2006 23:53

CArringt, try to be a bit more verbose.

Do you now have $Item->$Item->permanent_link(...) in line 161?

9 Jul 30, 2006 23:55

blueyed wrote:

CArringt, try to be a bit more verbose.

Do you now have $Item->$Item->permanent_link(...) in line 161?

Sorry,
In _main.php on line 161 it now reads

<li>- <?php $Comment->author('','') ?> on <a href="<?php $Comment->$Item->permanent_link( '#icon#' ); ?>" title="permalink to comment"><?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?></a></li>

10 Jul 30, 2006 23:58

$Comment->$Item->permanent_link should be $Comment->permanent_link ..

You should search for "permalink()" and replace it with "permanent_link()".

11 Jul 31, 2006 00:03

search for permalink and replace it through out the entire blog or just this file?

12 Jul 31, 2006 00:11

just the files in your skin.

13 Jul 31, 2006 00:18

ok thanks,
That made my last post show up, but that one only. I checked in the app setting and have the blog set to display the last five.

I'm getting a new error at the end of the first post

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/ajourney/public_html/blog_page/skins/Uneven/_main.php on line 294

Line 294 in _main.php

<a href="<?php echo url_add_param( $Blog->get( 'blogurl', 'htmlattr' ), 'author='. $Item->Author->ID) ?>"><?php $Item->Author->preferred_name();//  the name of the author ?></a>

14 Jul 31, 2006 02:02

This is keeping everyone from viewing anything past the first post.

Any ideas?

15 Aug 03, 2006 21:18

With some help from Danny Furguson I got my blog working again. all errors in my skin.

Danny also was kind enough to post a how to on upgrading a skin from 1.6 to 1.8

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Upgrade_Skin_from_1.6_to_1.8

I am still having one problem, Something is wrong with this set of code

<li>- <?php $Comment->author('','') ?> on <a href="<?php $Comment->permanent_link( '#icon#' ); ?>  title="permalink to comment"><?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?></a></li>

and i have no idea how to fix it

I know it has something to do with the title="permalink...etc part because if i add a "<" before "title" is appears correctly on the blog, but still doesn't link to anything
I get this:

Not Found
The requested URL /blog_page/skins/Uneven/<a href= was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

16 Aug 03, 2006 21:51

Try this:

<li>- <?php $Comment->author('','') ?> on <?php $Comment->Item->permanent_link( '#title#' ) ?></li>

I'm not sure off hand what $Comment->author('','') gives you, but I'm pretty sure that $Comment->Item->permanent_link( '#title#' ) will give you a permalink to the item that the visitor commented on. Been working through a bunch of these lately is why I think I have a clue...

17 Aug 03, 2006 23:02

Well thanks for the help, but this is just ticking me off. I'm just going to start from scratch and redesign it.

Thanks for everyone's help

18 Aug 04, 2006 00:48

Your are missing the closing quotation mark for the href:
?>" title="

*edit*: have not noticed that there's a 2nd page already.. :D

19 Aug 04, 2006 00:55

I knew it had to be something like that. I just have no diea when it comes to any code. but i'm learning so much every day just from being on here and having to trace code around. you kindof figure out what it's trying to do.

lol is twwo pages a good thing?

20 Aug 04, 2006 01:47

CArringt wrote:

lol is twwo pages a good thing?

Twwo pages is cool. Thhhree pages is pretty good too. Foooour pages is getting a bit crazy ;)

21 Aug 04, 2006 03:30

Nice, Didn't catch that the first time i read your post. Is there a disease like dislexia, only The victims get to add letttters and numers where6 they want8? Cause i have that

Form is loading...